WTB Catalytic Converters

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
JoseG

WTB Catalytic Converters

Post by JoseG »

Hello -

I am currently working on my 2012 PPV, I bought this car from a friend as a rolling chassis, I have been putting it together for quote some time now, and now I need get get my hands on a set of catalytic converters, as this is the last part that I will need to be able to fire up the beast!

Car is a 2012 with a 6.2L LS3 and a Texas Speed camshaft, hope someone has a set for sale.

Thanks.
JoseG

WTB Catalytic Converters

Post by JoseG »

Need a set of Catalytic Converters for a 2012 6.0L
Located in Las Vegas, NV.

Thanks.
Sanford

Re: WTB Catalytic Converters

Post by Sanford »

There are several Caprice PPV groups on FB. It seems there is always someone looking to sell. They bring good money as scrap.
JoseG

Post by JoseG »

Sanford wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:40 pm There are several Caprice PPV groups on FB. It seems there is always someone looking to sell. They bring good money as scrap.
Thank you! I will try that and see what I can find.
Jreal1215

Post by Jreal1215 »

I have a full set!
JoseG

Post by JoseG »

Jreal1215 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:13 am I have a full set!
How much shipped to 89102 Las Vegas?
That is a commercial address by the way.
Let me know.

Thanks.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Was going to say 'grab a pair of Solo Performance high-flow cats' because they don't have the ~1-13/16" restriction in them, but it seems Solo Performance no longer offers those. Sad, as they're a nice bit of kit. If you can find a pair, jump on them!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Was looking on CarbCats.com and noticed no aftermarket cats available for the PPV 6.0 but there are some available for the G8 and the SS. Think maybe the aftermarket folks forgot to add us to thier Executive Orders (EO)probably becase they think they area ll fleet vehicles. .

Good for folks in states that do not check the CARB numbers but us CA guys are still out of luck and will have to find OEM Cats until some aftermarket company adds us to thier EO.

Did any other cars in the US come with the L77??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

According to onallcylinders.com, the only recipients of the L77 are the Caprice PPV (US), Commodore VE series (AUS) and Commodore VF (AUS).
The L76 (car version - there was a truck version which is a little different) is the stateside version of the L77. That is, 4.00 inch bore and 3.622 stroke with 8364 or 823 heads, same camshaft. The nice feature of our 6.0 liter engines is that they have rectangular port heads (as does the L76). Most other 6.0 liter LS engines have cathedral heads.
I believe there are some other differences, however. I'm not sure if the L76 has DOD or not. It has a slightly lower HP rating - I'm not sure how or why they did that but it could be as simple as tuning or RPM HP was measured at?!
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I have a set of factory cats from my 14 PPV if you are still looking. According to GM Parts catalog they are the same from 2011-2015.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....