L77s in the Carolinas

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
JUNKYARD_JACK

L77s in the Carolinas

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

Trying to put a LS in my 240sx and I'm on the lookout for a motor. I really don't care if it's an iron block 5.3 or if it's an aluminum 6.0 but I'd love to have the same type of motor across the board just for simplicity's sake. I think these L77s are great and if anyone has one that maybe needs a bit of work or if anyone is parting out a car HMU!

I live in central NC but if anyone has one in SC or southern VA, I don't mind bringing a truck and trailer.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: L77s in the Carolinas

Post by elc32955 »

There should be a quantity of L77's in salvage yards from the number of cars that go through copart.com on a regular basis. Have you tried searching car-part.com for the engine?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I would also look on FB Marketplace. I see a ton of LS engines in my area (Toledo/Detroit). From ragged out stock blocks to fully built.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

On car-part all these L77s are going for $5k up and that point I might as well try to find a wrecked caprice at auction and just part out what I need. I'd be curious if I could do the swap and keep the E85 sensor and have a flex fuel swap.

Locally I've seen lots of LS on marketplace but I'm just not hyped on the quality of the selection near me. There is a L77 caprice on auction in Charleston SC but it's listed as a "bad" motor I wish I knew more because if it just dropped a lifter that's going to be replaced regardless.