Ballistic panels for Caprice doors

This section is for discussion of OEM police package options and police equipment for the Caprice (both OEM and after-market), as well as after-market upfitting perfomed on our cars.
elc32955
System Manager

Ballistic panels for Caprice doors

Post by elc32955 »

I seem to recall a while back we had a thread somewhere discussing upfit ballistic panels for the Caprice. I found a very good "how-to" install PDF from one of the companies that provides these panels, it's possible that some of the cars now starting to flow out of the government sales will have these panels provided. Here's a linky for an interesting read....

http://armor.angelintelligence.com/medi ... wer_sm.pdf

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Ballistic panels for Caprice doors

Post by elc32955 »

And just to illustrate these cars are now coming available out of the govt. surplus market with this protection, check out this Craigslist ad. 2013 Caprice with ballistic panel doors...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 67120.html
ballistic.jpg
ballistic.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 21623 times
ballistic2.jpg
ballistic2.jpg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 21623 times
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just a bump for discussion purposes, I think LVPD needs some of these ballistic panels for their doors. Check out this WILD in-car chase vid from the other day, from the lead officer's body cam which was running. This gives me shivers... and yeah, I've been in multi-mile pursuits that could have very easily ended like this - given the correct conditions.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/17/wi ... pects.html

Eric
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

I recently purchased a PPV with the ballistic door panels. planning on removing them and was wondering if there is a market for them?
Thanks
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

Also did Chevrolet offer a Ballistic package through the dealer as an option or did departments have to go to secondary venders who would then install them,
Thanks