Oil pressure relief valve in pan.

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Capeasy

Oil pressure relief valve in pan.

Post by Capeasy »

Are you guys plugging off the 14mm threaded hole in the pan that has the relief valve during your DOD/cam swaps? Texas Speed recommends plugging it when using the Melling high pressure/ High volume pump #10355HV that is recommended for our L77 motors.
Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
mwc

Re: Oil pressure relief valve in pan.

Post by mwc »

I just finished a DOD delete/Cam swap, and I removed the oil pressure relief, and replaced it with a drain plug and crush washer

Black 2014 PPV 6.0 - BTR LS3 Stage 3 cam, Circle D converter, 3.45 swap, Solo 3” catback, Camaro 18s

Sonoma County, California
Chevy-Art

Post by Chevy-Art »

More useful information as I get ready to dod delete.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Hugo Blue
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Any tips on dropping the pan? Do I just need to remove the motor mount nuts, jack up the pan with wood, put a couple 2x4s under each motor mount, and then I will have enough room to drop the oil pan? Getting ready to do this on Monday as part of my DOD delete.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
Ridgeppv

Post by Ridgeppv »

bstoner wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:52 pm Any tips on dropping the pan? Do I just need to remove the motor mount nuts, jack up the pan with wood, put a couple 2x4s under each motor mount, and then I will have enough room to drop the oil pan? Getting ready to do this on Monday as part of my DOD delete.
That's exactly what I did. Disconnect the oil cooler 'with the lines still connected' from the pan and tie it out of the way.
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake