P0325 Code

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
counterattack

P0325 Code

Post by counterattack »

Hello,

I was driving my 13 Caprice on the freeway a little hard and the check engine light came on. I ran the code it it's a P0305 knock sensor bank 1. I was wondering what it could be and where I should look. Should I order a new bank sensor, if so which one should I get? Also some people say the wiring may be toast so how would I go about remedying that as well? Is there a new harness I can buy or do I need to splice the wire? Where would the wire likely be failed at?

Thank you
Mooseman

Re: P0325 Code

Post by Mooseman »

I guess the P0305 in the post is a typo?

Inspect the wiring. It that checks out, change the sensor. It's cheap enough to shotgun that. If that doesn't solve it, then we can look deeper.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
counterattack

Post by counterattack »

Yes it was a typo it's a P0325 code. On the FB page people were saying the wiring it is pretty normal for the wiring to be shot so I'm going to order a knock sensor wire with connector as well.

I was also considering a n alternator wire/connector you wouldn't happen to know which one that is would you? I have been having some weak starts
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

If you mean it sounds like it's cranking slow, that's just how it is. Just do normal checks for alternator and battery output and go from your results. Haven't heard of the alternator connector causing issues.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419