6L45 Transmission

Tech discussions on the 3.6L V6 motor (LFX) used in the 2012 & up Caprice.
sardillim

6L45 Transmission

Post by sardillim »

Looking for some advice on programming a 6L45 transmission. To make a Long story short my car currently has 211,000 miles on it and the transmission has a few issues. The writing is on the wall and it's going to need to be replaced soon. I was able to find and purchase from a 2013 Caprice also with a V6 a used 6L45 with only 26,000 miles on it. Can anyone tell me if this will be plug and play or will the used unit need to be programmed to the car. If it does need to be programmed anybody have any ideas or suggestions on the easiest way to do this without sending it out, trying to do this swap when the time comes in one day. Thank you for your help
JoeR

Re: 6L45 Transmission

Post by JoeR »

It'll require that you reprogram the TCM/Control Solenoid and then Reset the Trans Adapts.
You can do it yourself with a J2534 Pass Thru Programmer. If you go that route, get one made by Drew Tech. They sell them under a bunch of different labels. I don't trust any other JBox.
Of course the MDI would also work.

None of these methods are cheap. Contact your local repair shops to see if there's a Mobile Programming guy serving the area. They're usually pretty reasonable. If not, you're sending it out.

Joe
sardillim

Re: 6L45 Transmission

Post by sardillim »

Thank You