84,000 Mile Transmission Fluid drain and Refill Procedure

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
2822MM

84,000 Mile Transmission Fluid drain and Refill Procedure

Post by 2822MM »

2014 CHEVY CAPRICE PPV W/ 84,000 Miles. I had my tech lift car up and drain and change out tranny filter. I had him refill it with 7 quarts of the factory AC DELCO transmission fluid and then I started car and let it idle while back up in the air. After tranny temp reached over 86* Degrees I had him
uncscrew the drain bolt to let it drain excess fluid until it trickled out then he reclosed it. Quite a bit of fluid drained and I was hoping to see if anyone had any opinion or comments about how this was performed. The manual calls for 6.7 quarts with pan dropped and filter changed. I just followed manufactures orders for proper service.

Best Regards
s/c'd cav

Re: 84,000 Mile Transmission Fluid drain and Refill Procedure

Post by s/c'd cav »

you want it over filled , also a deeper camaro pan and the 6l90 wide mouth filter , all discussed to no end , just search for it all
2822MM

Re: 84,000 Mile Transmission Fluid drain and Refill Procedure

Post by 2822MM »

I always have my caprices filled with at least 7 quarts and filter but do the proper service method to ensure it’s not over filled. Any ideas?