B&M Deep Transmission Pan

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
79sevillecoupe

B&M Deep Transmission Pan

Post by 79sevillecoupe »

So I finally got around to installing the B&M deep transmission pan as well as a full fluid flush (ACDelco Dexron VI) and wide mouth filter upgrade(ACDelco #24236933). Car currently has 47k miles. Filter and fluid were available on Amazon for a very good price, $28 per gallon of fluid and $28 for filter. I went with the Mr.Gasket transmission gasket for the install instead of the oem transmission gasket. I feel the oem is more robust but the aftermarket is thinner, which will allow the filter to sit deeper in the fluid. Both had a metal core on the gasket. I installed the Lokar Dipstick as well (36” version). I pulled about 6ish quarts from it(lost some that spilled out, maybe 1/2 quart-ish) and ended up putting in about 9 quarts. Torqued to spec. Definitely needed a change. Fluid was burgundy/brown, not too bad and didn’t smell burnt. Didn’t see any metal on the magnet or bottom of pan so that was a relief. Install was straightforward. As for clearances, it sits maybe 1/4 - 3/8 inch higher than the kooks pipes. Car has stock ride height. Very happy with the product. Looking forward to cooler tranny temps for the summer.