Brembo swap

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Candyvyorn_

Re: Brembo swap

Post by Candyvyorn_ »

Silversled wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 pm Did mine a little while ago with CTS-V calipers and two piece front rotors. Rear rotors are also CTS-V with the cross tubes and bleed nipples swapped. Having had the CTS-V and ATS-V, I love the Brembo 6 piston feel.

Was that a direct bolt on or did you have to drill the spindles to fit them? Also what year caliper and rotors did you use? What’s it take to fit 6 piston ctsv brakes to a caprice ppv in the front.
s/c'd cav

Re: Brembo swap

Post by s/c'd cav »

Candyvyorn_ wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:52 am
Silversled wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 pm Did mine a little while ago with CTS-V calipers and two piece front rotors. Rear rotors are also CTS-V with the cross tubes and bleed nipples swapped. Having had the CTS-V and ATS-V, I love the Brembo 6 piston feel.

Was that a direct bolt on or did you have to drill the spindles to fit them? Also what year caliper and rotors did you use? What’s it take to fit 6 piston ctsv brakes to a caprice ppv in the front.
doing the 6 piston is no different than the 4 pistons , and either the 5th gen Zl1 parts for the front or the 2nd gen cts-v

rear rotors you HAVE TO USE the 15-17 SS sedan rotors