Anybody running Pedders suspension?

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
JTRUCKJMC

Anybody running Pedders suspension?

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

Looking to see how anyone who has installed Pedders XA Extreme (160064) struts and coilovers likes them. Looking to upgrade my 2013 PPV. Is it worth it, is it good for daily rides. I like the fact it is height adjustable and tuneable. THX ahead of time for any input.
Capeasy

Re: Anybody running Pedders suspension?

Post by Capeasy »

Yes I did all the way around on my 13. I can't really notice much improvement since my old struts rode so bad lol. The new set up has some good adjustment, but still rides like a go kart.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
JTRUCKJMC

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

THX Capeasy, was it worth the $, maybe I should just put some slight lower springs on the stock struts....
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Your welcome. Well my OEM struts had almost 90K on them and probably pretty worn. So the Pedders were a better replacement over stock, mainly because I could adjust the ride height of the car precisely where I wanted it to sit. And the struts have rebound adjustment as well. IMO I would recommend the investment.
Attachments
The car is definitely lower.
The car is definitely lower.
20200521_084313.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 3923 times
I added some scrape rails under the body to protect my cut outs from getting torn off from speed bumps.
I added some scrape rails under the body to protect my cut outs from getting torn off from speed bumps.
20200926_201524.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 3923 times
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
JTRUCKJMC

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

Thanks again, Great info, you answered my curiosity about using the Pedders setup. I have looked at about 5 other brands but like you say, this you can dial in ride height and adjust dampening. Other systems may lack one or the other, and then there is the mix and match strut/ spring combos that cost a little less but not much, so for around a grand you are good to go. I like like the ride height you set and was wanting about the same. By the way your ride looks great, thanks again.
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Yeah it's a bit on the low side so I had to fab up some "scrape rails" out of 1" square tubing about 3ft. Long bolted to the frame section of the body to keep the parking lot speed bumps from ripping off my cut-outs lol.