CO161-5A code on scanner

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Capeasy

CO161-5A code on scanner

Post by Capeasy »

Well I got this code the other night after I took my Drag radials off and put a set of stock tires and wheels on the rear to see how they handle the additional HP. With Traction control off it just smokes the tires thru 1st and 2nd gear and finally hooks up thru the middle of 3rd gear. And then I turned T/C back on and applied the same procedure "WOT" and the computer struggled to keep the wheels from spinning. After 3 attempts the dash lit up with the usual Traction Fault /ABS lights, so I cleared the dash by cycling the ignition off then on, all cleared all well and drove it home. Next day I put the scanner on it because I figured it set a code, and it did "C0161-5A" so I erased it.
The following day I take the car out and notice the brake peddle getting hard and car is laboring to keep up the speed. I pull into a lot and all 4 corners are Hot, I took a surface reading of the rotors with my temp gun and rotors are all just under 290 deg. I let them cool for about 20 min. The car rolled a bit better but the brake lights are stuck on and there's still some drag.
So I have a couple questions: is there a Performance Traction control module available to handle the extra power ? And can the traction control/ABS affect the condition I'm experiencing right now with the brakes not releasing. I posted this issue the other day and got a couple recommendations, and I'm starting with upgrading my 105K old brake hoses with Techna Fit hoses. And start checking brake light switches and possibly worn pedal rod or return spring in booster or master cyl. ??.
Thanks
Walt B.
Attachments
Error code on scanner
Error code on scanner
Screenshot_20210626-102802_Gallery.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3346 times
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's