Alignment by Dealer Only??

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
CrashTestDummy

Re: Alignment by Dealer Only??

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Heh, usually Firestone guys tell you they can't do an alignment until they replace all the balljoints and tie rod ends!! You got off lucky, IMHO! :D
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Shackleford_1

Post by Shackleford_1 »

Firestone really got shady with me, then I stopped going. $1300 brake estimate when I just went in for pads. This has me looking for a new shop too.
Z09SS

Post by Z09SS »

Tires Plus (affiliated with Firestone) wanted $450 to "tighten" my tie rod ends that were "finger tight" before they attempted an alignment after I did struts and the driver's side control arms. This would be especially galling since this shop was where I had the alignment done last year right after I'd replaced those tie rods. They were the last ones to touch them!

I took it home and couldn't find a single thing loose.

Tire Kingdom was able to do an alignment no problems. They even complimented my big Brembo brakes.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

These shops sound like the kinda places that would also check your Turboencabulator for repleneration for an extra $89 while you wait as they had an unexpected opening on the machine! :lol:
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.