Rear suspension sub-frame cross member

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
xten57

Rear suspension sub-frame cross member

Post by xten57 »

My car got rear ended and the body shop told me that the sub-frame/cross member is bent and needs to be replaced. I have searched around a bit, including in the For Sale ads here, and haven't found one. As I'm sure everyone is aware, they're not available from GM anymore.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Also, what other years, or cars (GTO, G8, SS, Camaro, etc.) could I get one from?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry
Gerry
2013 9C3, metallic black, L77 with headers/X-pipe, DOD delete, cold-air intake, LS3 cam.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Rear suspension sub-frame cross member

Post by elc32955 »

Gerry,

A good source to look around in your area is car-part.com. Try checking for something like 2013 rear doors or a deck lid, if you find hits on one close call the yard to see if the car is still intact and where it was hit. A lot of times Caprices take front hits which leaves the rear intact. You could get lucky fairly easily like that... Most of the major yards have cars inventoried and the major parts on-line, if the parts show up they usually have the car, at least it's a good chance.

As far as I'm aware 2011-2017 is pretty much the same for the major body components. One should fit all, but you can easily confirm that by looking at the on-line parts directories.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Good luck!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
xten57

Post by xten57 »

Eric,

I appreciate the info, those are good ideas that I hadn't thought of.

Thanks again,

Gerry
Gerry
2013 9C3, metallic black, L77 with headers/X-pipe, DOD delete, cold-air intake, LS3 cam.
xten57

Post by xten57 »

UPDATE: I found a good used sub-frame. I dropped it off at the body shop today, they should have the car back together by the end of next week.

Eric, thanks again for your help!

Gerry
Gerry