3rd Gen CTS-V Wheels

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
impalaplt

3rd Gen CTS-V Wheels

Post by impalaplt »

Anyone out there running 3rd Gen CTS-V (2018) stock Tires and wheels?

I'll have a choice of those, or 2016 Chevy SS Tires and wheels....

I also have a set of V-6 G8 Wheels, but, I think they'll be a problem in the future if I upgrade the brakes....

Thoughts?

Pictures?

Thanks
indianajoe

Re: 3rd Gen CTS-V Wheels

Post by indianajoe »

The offset on those wheels is 20 instead of ~50 so you're over an inch further out

Would definitely rub in the rear and probably on the front
jrob56

Post by jrob56 »

Sorry, dont get on here much. I have had V3 wheels on mine since Spring. On stock caprice springs they are fine, no rubbing, no issues and thats plenty of launches and throwing the car around. The offset is pretty aggressive, especially on the front. Brad Hotz in the Facebook groups has had those wheels for over a year on two of his Caprice's both lowered on Shocksworks coilovers and rolled fenders.

Im about to lower my 2015 on SS springs so well find out if theyll rub on those soon. Brad's cars are lower, but SS springs a lot softer than coilovers. I'm guessing mine will rub some with passengers or on launches, but we'll see. Had the springs/struts for a month, but basement flooded so garage is full of stuff until our new floor gets put down.
v3 wheels.jpg
v3 wheels.jpg (793.08 KiB) Viewed 5878 times
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Yeah I forgot to mention my car is lowered and my Camaro 18x8.5s rub in the back on real hard turns and those are a 32 offset. Pretty aggressive in the front

Gen 2 v wheels don't rub though