Returning User from AR

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
The95ersGarage

Returning User from AR

Post by The95ersGarage »

Had an account some time ago when I looking for a Caprice.

I purchased a 2015 out of San Joaquin Co., CA back in 2020. Advertised and runs & drives no photos showed a CEL or anything funny, but when it showed up it had a random misfire. Lifters on cylinder one has collapsed. Couldn't really mess with it where I was living, then moved in 2021, and finally had an opportunity last year to replace the collapsed lifters. Things went well for about a week and then a random knock developed in the bottom end. The car has been sitting the last year due to other priorities but I am currently pulling the engine to rebuild it.

I plan to use it as a daily and do some drag & drive events with it.

Currently looking for a running L77 I can try to drop in the next week or so and take it out on HRPT. If anyone knows someone or place with one let me know.

-JB
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Returning User from AR

Post by elc32955 »

Instead of dropping a L77 right back into it, might consider a 6.2 conversion from an SS car - rebuild the old L77 and sell it off to partially fund the 6.2 swap. There's threads on how that would go here you can research for pros & cons. Remember the old saying..... "There is NO replacement.... for displacement!" Those cars are constantly going thru CoPart so there are motors out there to be had.... for a price :)

Welcome back!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.