New Guy

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
BluesBro

New Guy

Post by BluesBro »

New guy here. I went with my father last September to pick up the first Caprice PPV in the family, since then he has acquired a total of 3. I resisted the urge for a couple of months but as of yesterday I bought a 2014 with 83k miles in white off him.

These cars have been a lot of fun over the last year, I’m glad to have one to call my own.

Mine is by far the most tame of the fleet with the only mods being a TSP stage 1 cam with all the associated valve train upgrades.

There are a few immediate items I need to take care of before I can actually drive it. The front left brake has decided to lock up, it needs the tune finished up and getting emissions done is going to be fun.

Beyond that the plans are a solo cat back (with the big muffler), a key fob!(car only has a key) a center console, and probably a set of pedders coil overs. I haven’t driven the car enough to know if I want to keep the 2.92 diff for the highway or not.

It’s been nice being exposed to the more modified cars first, as I know what I do and absolutely do not want in a daily.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New Guy

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Sounds like you've got some good real-world experience there with the amount of cars you have access to. Good folks here, they can answer most any technical question you can come up with. Glad you're on-board.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

I wish when I bought mine that I had previous exposure or people that knew these to talk to... better still, I wish I had known about these cars sooner. I was on the prowl for an LS platform for a long time. I bought a junk yard 5.3 to transplant in an older car until I found these. As mentioned, you're in a good spot. You have a lot of awareness and knowledge about what you want and where you want to go with this thing. Good on you!
Please keep us current on your progress and welcome to "the system".
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

GammaFlat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:55 pm I wish when I bought mine that I had previous exposure or people that knew these to talk to... better still, I wish I had known about these cars sooner. I was on the prowl for an LS platform for a long time. I bought a junk yard 5.3 to transplant in an older car until I found these. As mentioned, you're in a good spot. You have a lot of awareness and knowledge about what you want and where you want to go with this thing. Good on you!
Please keep us current on your progress and welcome to "the system".
It was quite the lightbulb when we realized these cars were available to the public after service life. Our state never had them so we had all but forgotten about them.

My brother and I have owned a handful of crown vics and always loved them. Unfortunate that they have disposable motors.

My father owned an ex-service caprice from the 90’s earlier in life, and he had been hunting for an LS platform, so this was a natural fit.

We actually also have a 2015 Ford interceptor and a 2009 Tahoe PPV. We like cop cars.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift