Hello and thank you!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Holden Lover

Hello and thank you!

Post by Holden Lover »

Hello everyone,
I just purchased a 2013 9c1 and started having issues with the radio. I haven’t been able to find anything on my specific issue posted but maybe I can get some feed back.

I bought the car about 3 months ago and everything worked fine. I threw new door speakers in and didn’t think too much about it. A few weeks passed and as I was driving down the road, I heard a pop from the passengers side and my radio went dead. Ever since then everything powers on like it should but no audio output.

I’ve checked the fuses and even ran wire from the speakers directly to the radio and still no luck. The only hint I have is with the radio not allowing access to the bass and treble adjustments.

Anyone ever have this issue and had it resolved or would I just need a new silver box?
s/c'd cav

Re: Hello and thank you!

Post by s/c'd cav »

since you replaced the speakers , i would start there , kinda sounds like one of them shorted to ground
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

If the head unit is cooked in some way (output transistors?!), you can get a factory radio on this forum (usually). We'll call the replacement radio 100 bucks. A high-ish end Australian version (Android Auto and Apple Play) will be more like a grand. Way high end is 1500-ish (maybe more) for a jumbo screen, big bad excellent radio with matching dash trim.
I ended up with the Aussie version (1000 dollar version) that looks just like the factory version (up to '13). It has Android Auto, blue tooth, backup camera. It works well. Check out https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/welco ... cs-direct/ to soup up a factory radio.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
nmargrave

Post by nmargrave »

Try sanding down the 25 amp fuse in the trunk, I did that last week to my 9C1 and my radio and HVAC came back. I was very surprised that was the only problem. worth a shot.
2013 9C1 6.0L Kooks to 3in Solo exhaust, Livernois tune, AFM disabled, with a manual oil block off in the oil sensor hole, Rotofab CAI, Viper alarm system with remote start, 8 inch subwoofer, Camaro transmission pan, daily driver.