Greetings

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Jpoole

Greetings

Post by Jpoole »

Hey glad to be a part of the group. I'm a Southeast Texas car guy that has tinkered with a few different things-cars and trucks mainly but really anything with an internal combustion engine :)
I really liked the look of the late model Caprices when I first saw one and I am a huge fan of the LS/6LXX powertrains so it was only natural that I pick one up. I have a '13 I got from a friend that was a panda but has been painted black and had the holes filled in. It's a solid work car that is fun to beat on! I would like to get a carpet and a headliner. I have been lurking a bit and figured it was best to join as I have already taken so much.
Thanks
GammaFlat

Re: Greetings

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome! I have a black '13 as well. There's a bunch of great information here - sounds like you have enjoyed that some already. Besides the carpet and headliner, do you have any upgrades/changes in mind? The carpet will be challenging to find. A "half-way" measure is G8 carpet - which is probably easier to get. (You get a little "short-sheeted" near the back seat)
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Jpoole

Post by Jpoole »

GammaFlat wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:38 am Welcome! I have a black '13 as well. There's a bunch of great information here - sounds like you have enjoyed that some already. Besides the carpet and headliner, do you have any upgrades/changes in mind? The carpet will be challenging to find. A "half-way" measure is G8 carpet - which is probably easier to get. (You get a little "short-sheeted" near the back seat)
Thanks for the welcome! Yea I can’t leave stuff as is haha! I got a 3.27 Camaro SS diff about to go in and a mild cam along with the AFM delete. I’ve already tweaked the ecm and tcm calibrations and that alone is a night and day difference in the car! If you're an EFI live! guy I can send you those files if you want.
I considered doing another LSA blower(I have one on my Silverado) but am not sure since I have other things to throw money at haha!
Yea I saw where people were cutting G8 carpets to fit but I thought about going to a local auto upholster shop and chatting with them before I started something🤷🏻‍♂️
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Jpoole wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:44 pm I thought about going to a local auto upholster shop and chatting with them before I started something🤷🏻‍♂️
What's special about carpet in a car (is it a moldable (for shape) type)? Is there some "heat technique" to "shape" it? My brother will likely end up with a 9C1 (I have carpet already) and it would be good to know how that goes for you.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

Found a video of a guy "molding" a carpet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYXdjVOvuQ

Some notes:
  • carpet type @ about 5:00 from author's comments: cutpile brand called "el dorado"
  • glue type @ about 6:20 from author's comments:"LANDAU TOP AND TRIM it is very good glue"
  • padding @ about 10:00
  • hot water and heat gun @ about 12:00
  • steamer the "miracle tool" @ about 21:30
Jpoole

Post by Jpoole »

GammaFlat wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 pm Found a video of a guy "molding" a carpet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQYXdjVOvuQ

Some notes:
  • carpet type @ about 5:00 from author's comments: cutpile brand called "el dorado"
  • glue type @ about 6:20 from author's comments:"LANDAU TOP AND TRIM it is very good glue"
  • padding @ about 10:00
  • hot water and heat gun @ about 12:00
  • steamer the "miracle tool" @ about 21:30
That's some good info!! Thanks for that!
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

Welcome!
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
Jpoole

Post by Jpoole »

BluesBro wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:01 amWelcome!
Thanks!