2015 PPV project

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
6172crew

2015 PPV project

Post by 6172crew »

I’m helping a friend with a PPV and I’m the owner of a SS/VF. I’m in the San Antonio area and I’m on both caprice forums as well as the FB ones.
My Mystic Green/Prussian steel VF2 is LSA’d with most of the supporting parts to run a solid 700hp to the wheels. My friends WM is a newer one from Michigan. Last year we threw my SS springs on his rig and a friend in Houston helped us with the DOD delete, BTR stage 2 cam as well as the other things needed to keep his car running well. The dyno and tuner we both used tends to run lower numbers and I think his was around 425hp from memory.

Anyhow; he picked up a full interior set from a SS and we are going to attempt the swap and I registered to the forum hoping I can get some info about some of the issues I’m not clear on.

1. Is it a smarter idea to keep his silver box and just run a bypass converter and speaker wire or is it possible to run the Bose system? Looks like we will need to knock out plates on the back deck lid for speakers.
2. Which module controls the gauges? Can we plug and play the SS gauge cluster if it’s VIn’d to the car?
3. Has anyone attempted to run the heated seat setup? We have both silver boxes so if the heated seats can work that is a bonus.

Thanks
s/c'd cav

Re: 2015 PPV project

Post by s/c'd cav »

sivler box from the SS can be used , just need to have it programed , but the bose will not work that easy being they use a amp for the rear doors and rear deck , so you will have to run a amp to have any good music going

the guages need to be programmed also before using

heated seats i remember someone getting them to work , but like the bose amplifier , the caprice isnt wired for them or the cooled , so its a crap shoot to get anything wired up
Chevy-Art

Re: 2015 PPV project

Post by Chevy-Art »

Welcome. I am also from San Antonio. And I think there are a few others here from around the area.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Hugo Blue