Change caprice seats for 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan seats ???

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
impalaplt

Re: Change caprice seats for 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan seats ???

Post by impalaplt »

Okay, old thread to the top again....

Since I did the Wiring pairing #11 and #29, does this mean I can unplug the huge memory module, and just let those plugs dangle???

I guess I could just unplug and see what happens, but, a confirmation here would help....

I am getting the Airbag warning like someone else had. I'm thinking that was from the passenger seat. I'll try and reseat the BIG Yellow plug under the seat.

Is there another plug somewhere that needs to be checked also?

Thanks
smwalker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:49 am Only thing you need to do is bypass the memory module in the seat. Here is what someone posted to the FB group:

The connector under the seat is X323. So I guess on the SS Seat you will have wires going to each of those cavities but on the PPV side of the plug only one will have a wire.

This is the ss diagram:

LInk - Imgur Album
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

Well, I unplugged the "MEMORY SEAT MODULE", and the seat is dead....

SO, I guess I need to leave that in place (unless there's a wiring method to bypass it.....I'm guessing it's just easier to leave it)!
6172crew

Post by 6172crew »

I’m bumping this thread back up for a question or two.
On the drivers seat it was mentioned adding power but I also read the pin 29 and 11 make the passenger side work.
Do both seats get the wires connected or is that for passenger side only?

Thanks I’m advance.
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

As I sit here at 1:30 in the morning, I DO BELIEVE that I did the wiring mod to both seats.....
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

One other thing....

I ended up changing the Seat Belt Tensioners.

Both the one's on the used SS seats were "BLOWN"......

But, my Caprice one's were fine, and it was a fairly easy swap....

No more Airbag Light......
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I just saw the follow-up comments 6 months later, I really need to scan these posts more thoroughly. Yes, there is a two-conductor plug with the safety snap-in that plugs into the pretensioner assembly on the side of the seat under a little plastic beauty cover. That was the source of my problem that threw the airbag light, the wiring connector was not all the way down into the pretensioner receptacle end so that the pins for the electrical connection would mate - although it was physically sitting in the plastic channel. Looks can be deceiving, lol!

So, my specific fix was.... Power off, pull plug out (it wasn't snapped in but just riding on top of the connector), unsnap safety clip, push plug all the way down for a successful mate, re-snap safety clip, reinitialize & clear the light/code. Done!

And yes, there are separate connectors for each pretensioner (one on driver seat, one on passenger).

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

did mine today , all was great until i started , im getting a high resistance on both airbags , and my seats came from a 16mile SS , guessing there is more to the story of the car in the dealer showroom and wrecking yard a few weeks later and no damage to it

good is bags are cheap , but i hate to have to strip the seat down and ruin the fit of the seat covers
Attachments
DSCF2044.JPG
DSCF2044.JPG (3.82 MiB) Viewed 893 times
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hmmm.... high resistance means no connection from what I recall on those. You actually do have the airbags installed in the seat correct? And the pretensioner connections are down & in at the sides of the seat? If the safety snap is not undone it won't make contact, that was the problem on mine....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

elc32955 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:27 pm Hmmm.... high resistance means no connection from what I recall on those. You actually do have the airbags installed in the seat correct? And the pretensioner connections are down & in at the sides of the seat? If the safety snap is not undone it won't make contact, that was the problem on mine....
my air bags were showing 11.3 and 11.5 , normal should be between 2-4 , and open would be 25 , this is what our tech at work told me when i had him check them

the red lock is on one and was gone on the other side , and one of the red locks broke when i flipped the arm on that connector , and i was able to find out the car they came from was totaled due to roof damage during transport , the car had 20 miles on it , and the seats have never been touched as far as taking anything out of them

pretensioners were still in the seats , i just had to swap the buckles from my seats over