How to remove Caprice door to body harness connector?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Arizona9C3

How to remove Caprice door to body harness connector?

Post by Arizona9C3 »

Anyone have any tips on how to remove this harness connector from the door to the body? I don't want to damage it and I can't seem to figure it out. On a '14, if that matters.
Attachments
2014 Caprice door to body harness connector.jpg
2014 Caprice door to body harness connector.jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 10242 times
2011 Silver 9C3
2011 Black 9C3 Procharged, custom exhaust, 571 rwhp
xcidmigs

Re: How to remove Caprice door to body harness connector?

Post by xcidmigs »

pink part looks like a locking mechanise, can it be pulled down like pivoting towards center of connector?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The connector I think is called: X600 Front Passenger Door Harness to Body Harness

Not even sure this is the same thing but it looks close. The arrow not that descriptive tho:

BUt yea with them locking connectors usually the colorful piece is the activator of the locking mechanism. Looks like there is some room there to go straight up?? Or Pivot, 50/50.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Arizona9C3

Post by Arizona9C3 »

Yes, it does pivot in the center. Lift up at the top to clear a tiny hook hidden on the underside there, then pull back and down. It was just really tight and felt like I was forcing it the wrong way and something would break, so I wondered if it was like airbag locking clips on 90s 9C1s (that it had to slide up), but of course it felt wrong that way too.

This modular manufacturing looks like will save a lot of time changing doors!

Thanks,

Jim
2011 Silver 9C3
2011 Black 9C3 Procharged, custom exhaust, 571 rwhp
StevenJay

Post by StevenJay »

Just an FYI for anybody looking this up currently.. the rectangle slot in the middle of the pink locking lever (tab) works as a place to insert the blade of a flat head screwdriver. Then gently pivot the handle to lightly push the locking clip towards the middleof the connector (IIRC) while pulling slightly (outwards, to you) to release locking lever..
Unclipping the connector out of the door jamb first (both halves still mated together) helps so you can see what's going on.