Re-Covering Stock Seats

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
impalaplt

Re-Covering Stock Seats

Post by impalaplt »

Has anyone done this?

It seems that the common seat mod is to do the G-8 Seats. The problem for me is living in the Southwest, all the G-8 Seats that are coming out of the junkyards are just that-JUNK....

The sun has got to them, the leather is split and cracked, and they need new covers...

So, I'm thinking why go thru the expense of buying the G-8 seat, and pairing it up with the Caprice Seat.

Just get the Caprice Seats Front and Back redone in the leather of my choice....
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Re-Covering Stock Seats

Post by Pursuit »

I tried back in 2013 to get leather seats stitched up from my cloth ones. I used to work for an aftermarket auto-styling company that repped Katzkin. I even offered to send them my seat covers as patterns. They wanted $10,000 up front, just to make a pattern. I think others here have tried also... maybe someone has made progress...Good luck!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
indianajoe

Re: Re-Covering Stock Seats

Post by indianajoe »

The caprice foams are flatter than the g8 foams.
I had both and preferred the g8 ones (now I have Holden hsv foams)

If you got a set of g8 seat foam only you could buy custom covers for g8 seats and then install the new covers and g8 foams on your frames