Map Lights for 2014+ PPV's - Possible!!

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Capeasy

Re: Map Lights for 2014+ PPV's - Possible!!

Post by Capeasy »

Oh man, will that work on my "13" Steve? I just went to get an estimate for my falling Headliner it was $300 over the phone. When I brought the car in it went to $850 ??? They said because of those pockwt or cavities on the upper rear section, he said he'll either have to fill those in or try and steam the liner to take that contour. We still don't know what those cavities are for he said their some kind of "crash pocket" ?? Is he just blowing smoke or should I try another upholstery shop?
Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Capeasy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:57 pm Oh man, will that work on my "13" Steve? I just went to get an estimate for my falling Headliner it was $300 over the phone. When I brought the car in it went to $850 ??? They said because of those pockwt or cavities on the upper rear section, he said he'll either have to fill those in or try and steam the liner to take that contour. We still don't know what those cavities are for he said their some kind of "crash pocket" ?? Is he just blowing smoke or should I try another upholstery shop?
Thanks
the pockets where oh shit handles would be other vehicles ? that is what they are for
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Just adding the link from 2016 regarding the rear grab handles, if anyone was interested...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=59&hilit=headliner

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

That makes sense, I guess I never missed them since there aren't none there. I just got used to throwing my clothes on the seat lol. I'd just be happy with a nice clean headliner that wasn't drooping down, but not wanting to spend $800 bucks.:)
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Find a better upholsterer, my guy stretched my material in there no problem.

This light is only for the 14+ but 11-13's got optons for maps, just got to get them from AUS or a G8.

You going wit black headliner??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

No, just going with the same color maybe a bit darker, gonna keep it as Sleeper as possible. Finally found a local shop with some old timers that said it can't be any harder than a Mercedes and there beeing very fair at $250.:)
Just removing the spotlight for them and been fudging to get the front dome light assembly out without breaking it. 🙄