Chevy SS Instrument Cluster swap

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
VintageIron41

Re: Chevy SS Instrument Cluster

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello
Do I understand correctly that all basic functions including coolant temperature, oil pressure etc. all came on immediately, and that you sent the SS cluster away only for correct odometer setting and peripheral data ( camera's)?

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

very nice , i also hate the caprice cluster
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

VintageIron41 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm Hello
Do I understand correctly that all basic functions including coolant temperature, oil pressure etc. all came on immediately, and that you sent the SS cluster away only for correct odometer setting and peripheral data ( camera's)?

Thank you!
It needs to be sent off immediately to avoid bricking it and rendering it unusable. Had he driven it or cycled the ignition etc the unit would be unrecoverable.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

GTPprix wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:25 pm
VintageIron41 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm Hello

Thank you!
It needs to be sent off immediately to avoid bricking it and rendering it unusable. Had he driven it or cycled the ignition etc the unit would be unrecoverable.
do we get to keep the engine hour meter , or do we loose it ?
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

s/c'd cav wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:21 pm do we get to keep the engine hour meter , or do we loose it ?
It's reset to zero and removed (SS has no hour meter) unless you make special arrangements with us for a different service to add/setup/transfer it.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

GTPprix wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:44 pm
s/c'd cav wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:21 pm do we get to keep the engine hour meter , or do we loose it ?
It's reset to zero and removed (SS has no hour meter) unless you make special arrangements with us for a different service to add/setup/transfer it.
extra cost if we are wanting it to be transferred over correct ?

ill have the my stuff ready this summer
6172crew

Re: Chevy SS Instrument Cluster swap

Post by 6172crew »

I’m helping a friend convert his interior to SS on his 2014 PPV. We have the dashboard, door panels, heated and cooled seats etc.

Our plan is to send in the gauges and silverbox but we really don’t know if loosing the CD player and adding the heated/cooled seats is a good trade off if they won’t ever work. I didn’t watch the video but did the display end up showing which gear you’re in or if this is even an option? We were not planning on rigging up the floor shifter. I think someone makes a 3D printer plate that covers that portion.
Lord Vader

Re: Chevy SS Instrument Cluster swap

Post by Lord Vader »

The gear selector moves to the bottom of the DIC, on the left-hand side next to the odometer display. It only shows as one letter (P, R, N, D) while the shift lever is stationary in that gear. When you move the shifter "PRNDS" shows all at once with the gear you are currently in place of the odometer reading. It stays like that for a few seconds then reverts back to the single letter on the left side. The D turns into an S when you are in sport mode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1243Fip ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Ytxzu ... sp=sharing