Horn Question 2013

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
deep_zek

Re: Horn Question 2013

Post by deep_zek »

I found that cable and it looks like it's connected properly same color without anything extra. Fuse is also present. If l connect a multi meter at the fuse and press horn, should I see a voltage? Would this be a legit test?
What else can I look for? Is it possible that the actual 'speaker' whatever makes the noise is disconnected or missing altogether? Where is it located usually?
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

The horns are located behind the bumper fascia, right next to the standby/parking light reflectors in the bumper. On each side. You should be able to access them decently by removing a few wheel liner screws on each side.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Captain Rice

Post by Captain Rice »

I am trying to troubleshoot my horn issue. Does the horn sound when the key fob is used to lock or unlock the doors?
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Typically, no. It's disabled for police use for obvious reasons.

I believe with BCM programming it may be possible, but I don't believe it's an option out the gate.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
shr3ddymurphy

Post by shr3ddymurphy »

You guys rock, thanks for the info!