Looking for 2014+ shifter wiring diagram

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Ilikemtb999

Looking for 2014+ shifter wiring diagram

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Attempting to change to a console shift but am intimidated by messing up the bcm or something testing out the wiring. Just looking for something that says what color wire does what. Don’t know where people are getting all those awesome schematics.

Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Looking for 2014+ shifter wiring diagram

Post by smwalker »

So the easy way is to look at a pinout of the PPV and compare that to the Pinout of the SS and see if the wires match up.

So here is the PPV, I would imagine this is somewhere in the dash where the SS will be down in the center console.

Looked at the SS and it lists the same connector, wires and circuits. Either that is true or the service manual is taking the info for each car and using it in the other. What makes me suspicious is the WN PPV does not have Tap up tap down button on the gear selector. So looking at the connector to confirm what is there would be in order. I have a 14 harness out of the car, I will see what I can get a look at tonight.

The wiring diagrams are split up between about 4 different systems so they are kind of useless.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Where is that info you posted available? I could stop bothering people if there was an easy source for the info.

I could only find one thread that shows the stock shifter wiring and it looked like two plugs and 4 wires total. The post doesn’t actually say what does what or what the solution was other than “making a harness”

I’ll try and compare those colors to what’s in the dash. Thank you
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yes two connectors on the PPV shifter is all there is. So that pinout is not correct for the PPV, they must have just copied it over from the SS.

As far as where to get the information the pinouts are not available for free anywhere. But wiring diagrams you can find following the procedure in this link:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1555

But the only 2 connectors on the PPV shifter I would say are for the shift lock (park lock solenoid control) and the switch that gets activated when in park (Key Capture/Column Lock Shift Position Signal).

Some pics and what I think is the correct wiring diagram:

Album for blowing them up: https://imgur.com/a/bnNMMNO

Hope this helps, not sure what more info you need. The remaining wires for the data bus I would imagine come straight from the trans in the PPV to give the ECM trans info. I would imagine the SS shifter has a sport button that tells the transmission something. THen there is the Tap UP Tap Down wire, wondering if you could just add that straight to the trans? Or BCM??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

That’s a huge help thanks!

And not using an ss shifter ;)
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

The diagram worked great and all is well. Shift indicator on the dash works still.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ilikemtb999 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:23 am The diagram worked great and all is well. Shift indicator on the dash works still.
Nice!! Must get that info straight from the trans or maybe through the BCM.

You gonna give us a peek at your project? not an SS shifter, Not a manual, sounds interesting!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Still in the process of fitting everything but bought a camaro shifter and console for $100. I’d love a manual swap but can’t afford that.
AA050855-B858-48EB-BC84-25296B25F624.jpeg
AA050855-B858-48EB-BC84-25296B25F624.jpeg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 13786 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ah Ok so did you get the Camaro Pinout somewhere else and just match up the wires?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

Was easy enough to look at the shifter and see what wire goes to what. The park position lock happened to be purple and the key capture solenoid was a tan color so I just hooked up the yellow to it and everything functioned. I still need to hook up the bulb for the gear indicator on the shifter to the lights.