How to replace ignition switch?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Odyssey

How to replace ignition switch?

Post by Odyssey »

My '11 recently threw P1682 driver 5 line 2 code and won't turn over when I turn the key. Best I can tell from searching it's a faulty ignition switch. Is that something I can buy from RockAuto and throw in my car and have it work? I'm worried I might need a new key or maybe reprogram the BCM or PCM for the new switch.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: How to replace ignition switch?

Post by smwalker »

You do any diagnosing?

Seems the ignition switch controls 2 relays that give the ECM power. If they are both not coming on when I would agree with your ignition switch diagnosis. But I would confirm that first.

INFO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mfIxr ... sp=sharing

Schematic: https://www.chiltonlibrary.com/content/ ... 531248.pdf
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Thank you for that document, very helpful steps. Ran all the tests for the under PWR TRN relay and the relay and circuit both passed. But when I turned the ignition on to test the Run/Crank relay I got the stabilitrack off message. Never got it before I pulled codes again and I now only have the U0100 code. Wouldn't happen to have a similar doc for troubleshooting that code would you?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

U codes are communication codes. You basically have to see what module you cannot communicate with and that narrow things down. If you can communicate with all of them then it was just an intermittent failure.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

BUt search the code on the chilton site. But the troubleshooting on network stuff is next level.

http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtop ... 545#p28763
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Amazing, thank you! Had no idea we had access to that manual. Been reading for the past hour, looks like I'm going for a deep dive into the CAN bus.
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Well I found what is hopefully the sole cause of my woes. After some odd fluctuating ohms reading between pin 6 and 14 on the OBD2 connector I looked for loose connections and I found this connector was only halfway plugged in and not locked. The little plastic tabs weren't fully engaged and were located around the red dots I put in the picture. After I snapped it in place the car fired up and all the codes were gone. Hopefully this explains my P and U codes, but time will tell.
Attachments
20210810_200551.jpg
20210810_200551.jpg (772.21 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
20210810_200502.jpg
20210810_200502.jpg (9.41 MiB) Viewed 3742 times