No low beams

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
robertgadany

No low beams

Post by robertgadany »

I have had my 2013 Caprice for 3 years now, with no head light problems. I went to leave work, and the low beams are not working. I changed the relay, and the problem remains. fuses are good. High beams work. Any ideas???
robertgadany

Re: No low beams

Post by robertgadany »

Low beams solved. I sliced into ground cicuit 250, the second ground from the top of connector. I ran it to the ground on left fender. Everthing is good now.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Thanks for providing the resolution!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Dubbalo

Post by Dubbalo »

I read somewhere that the low beam ground is controlled thru the BCM. My issue on my 13 is that I have power to both pins on the low beam bulb plug. What should I look for or do? I don't want to add a ground to the headlight main plug because I'm worried about shorting out the BCM.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The BCM controls the ground of the control circuit for the headlight relays, not the grounds at the headlight assemblies. It looks like the high beams and the low beams have separate ground points, G-102 for the low and G-104 for the high.
Dubbalo

Post by Dubbalo »

So where do I locate the low beam ground so I can clean it up or replace the terminal? Or should I just tap it at the plug and run a wire to the fender ground ?
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

G-102 ground is on the body rail on the passenger side, buried around the compressor area. If it is a rust belt car, the wire may be corroded off. It is not a real fun spot to get to. May be easier to just add a ground wire up a the wiring on the light connector, like the OP did in this thread.