Cleanest way to open up rear door speakers on an 11-13?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Travieso

Cleanest way to open up rear door speakers on an 11-13?

Post by Travieso »

Hey all, recently got my Holden head unit in and I can hear my rear door speakers working now, what have others done to open it up/ fill the holes? Also side note how difficult is it to put a speaker in the center of the dash and what would be recommended for there? Thanks!
Sanford

Re: Cleanest way to open up rear door speakers on an 11-13?

Post by Sanford »

I am guessing that you have a 13. I would keep an eye out for some 11-12 rear door panels and install a pair. Can’t help with the center speaker info.
Travieso

Post by Travieso »

Sanford wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:10 pm I am guessing that you have a 13. I would keep an eye out for some 11-12 rear door panels and install a pair. Can’t help with the center speaker info.
Ah that’s unfortunate, do g8 panels fit or are the caprice doors longer?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

They're longer, neither G8 or SS door panels will work. These door panels were designed no-frills for the police market. Simplest way is just to drill them over the speaker and put your choice of grille in to dress it up.

If you have $$$$ sometimes over on the Facebook side the correct-size door panels are imported in from Australia for these cars, but they are usually rather pricey. For you though the cleanest option would definitely be scoring 11-12 rear door panels since they are available here. The 13-17 cars all received the ultra-cheap door panels.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Travieso

Post by Travieso »

elc32955 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:11 am They're longer, neither G8 or SS door panels will work. These door panels were designed no-frills for the police market. Simplest way is just to drill them over the speaker and put your choice of grille in to dress it up.

If you have $$$$ sometimes over on the Facebook side the correct-size door panels are imported in from Australia for these cars, but they are usually rather pricey. For you though the cleanest option would definitely be scoring 11-12 rear door panels since they are available here. The 13-17 cars all received the ultra-cheap door panels.

Good luck!
Eric
Thanks for all the info! I’ll see what I can do.