Radio Connector Pinout Diagram / Listing for 2011-2013 PPV's

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Radio Connector Pinout Diagram / Listing for 2011-2013 PPV's

Post by smwalker »

Below is what I have been able to put together thus far as to the function of the pin outs on 11-13 radios. Now these functions are after Chris White has done his programming. I am not sure what is active on a factory un-programmed radio (although I would like to find out if anyone can do some testing).

Since all I have ever seen on this topic is the AU connector layout from another thread I will follow the same X1 X2 etc. ... descriptors that they use but I will change it up to follow the US service manual that lists all the pins in order from 1-40 since it is 1 solid connector not modular like the AU version.

I am still trying to find out what pins are used for AUX 2 or Rear AUX audio input. If anyone has any insight or you have a similar listing please add to this.

The AUX 1 or Front AUX 4 wires correspond to an information sheet put out for wiring up a 3.5mm AUX plug for the Camaro. I will link that image in a separate comment on this thread.

Document Link for Printing

Document Link for Printing
Last edited by smwalker on Mon May 29, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
BlackGT5

Re: Radio Connector Pin-out Diagram / Listing

Post by BlackGT5 »

The rear aux audio inputs are what you have highlighted in yellow. What you have in orange are audio outputs for headphones for the RSE like what is used on high end models such as the Holden Caprice.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

BlackGT5 wrote:The rear aux audio inputs are what you have highlighted in yellow. What you have in orange are audio outputs for headphones for the RSE like what is used on high end models such as the Holden Caprice.
Well lets get this straight so we are talking about the same thing. The caprice when programmed has these three inputs under the AUX button:

FRONT
REAR
DVD

Are the rear and DVD inputs combined somehow? I have been able to play DVD audio and Video hooked up to the yellow highlighted pins but REAR AUX still reacts as though nothing is connected.

Have you played just audio through the REAR Input?

Or is there an activation wire like on the front AUX that I am missing to tell the unit something is plugged into a 3.5mm jack?

So Orange are the Outputs, OK.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

smwalker wrote:
BlackGT5 wrote:The rear aux audio inputs are what you have highlighted in yellow. What you have in orange are audio outputs for headphones for the RSE like what is used on high end models such as the Holden Caprice.
Well lets get this straight so we are talking about the same thing. The caprice when programmed has these three inputs under the AUX button:

FRONT
REAR
DVD

Are the rear and DVD inputs combined somehow? I have been able to play DVD audio and Video hooked up to the yellow highlighted pins but REAR AUX still reacts as though nothing is connected.

Have you played just audio through the REAR Input?

Or is there an activation wire like on the front AUX that I am missing to tell the unit something is plugged into a 3.5mm jack?

So Orange are the Outputs, OK.

The rear aux and DVD use the same input. Ideally you just want the front and rear aux tabs showing. This is how I have my radio setup.

In Australia there is an option to have an overhead DVD player and I believe also an option to have screens behind the headrests. Now from what I have researched, the video from this DVD is also played on the radio screen under the "DVD" tab. The DVD video can then be controlled using the radio touchscreen controls that show up in the DVD tab. Additionally, the DVD system allows an extra video input to be connected via an RCA plug. This video would show up on the "REAR" tab of the radio screen (not simultaneously of course)
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

BlackGT5 wrote: The rear aux and DVD use the same input. Ideally you just want the front and rear aux tabs showing. This is how I have my radio setup.
And when you say "setup" you mean it was programmed that way (or you have the AU head unit correct?) or is there an option somewhere to turn off the DVD as a selection on the menu?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

smwalker wrote:
BlackGT5 wrote: The rear aux and DVD use the same input. Ideally you just want the front and rear aux tabs showing. This is how I have my radio setup.
And when you say "setup" you mean it was programmed that way (or you have the AU head unit correct?) or is there an option somewhere to turn off the DVD as a selection on the menu?
It needs to be programmed to only show the front and rear. There is no way to turn it off from a menu.
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

Image[/URL]
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Ok so yours with the red background I assume is the AU radio.

Mine with the blue background is the US radio.

I seem to have those RSE control you spoke of. Guess those get controlled through the GM LAN to another comparable devise. Not going to get into taht area! LOL

But I can hook a standard DVD up and get video and audio to play there. Then I just tap the small screen to make it full screen. But when I switch to the "Rear" tab nothing comes through. You would think if they shared the same inputs audio from the DVD would come through. Guess it just does not work.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

The PPV radio can be setup to just have the front and rear (RSE) only.

I believe the factory DVD player is controlled via GMLAN. Probably similar to how EDI works. See video below showing an Alpine DVD player being controlled by the factory screen.

https://youtu.be/207-uKhuvAM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Z09SS

Re: Radio Connector Pinout Diagram / Listing for 2011-2013 PPV's

Post by Z09SS »

Resurrecting a dead thread...

Pins 9 and 10 in the X2 area are both labeled Front Speaker Output (+) (UQG/UQ3).

I've added the Aussie silver box and would like to wire the pins correctly...

The G8 pinout shows pins 9 and 13 for the front speaker with Lt-Blu for (-) and OG for (+).

Matty Curtis confirms I use 9 and 10 for my radio, is pin 10 actually the (-) as the color would indicate?