Bluetooth for Handsfree calls

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
gregc

Bluetooth for Handsfree calls

Post by gregc »

Since many of are planning on updating your IQ's, check your car to see if there is a microphone. The harness is there, just no microphone. If you need the microphone, the part number is 15241529.

It's used on many GM cars. I got mine off of a 2010 Impala. It had a different part number because the bezel was included, but the microphone part was the same.
GTPprix

Re: Bluetooth for Handsfree calls

Post by GTPprix »

Good call! I did a 9C1 in person (Thanks Josh!) that actually happened to have it already; score!
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

Can anybody tell me were the microphone would be if there is one?

Thanks
ComingInHot

Post by ComingInHot »

sardillim wrote:Can anybody tell me were the microphone would be if there is one?

Thanks

I'd also like to know. Anyone know if the wiring is strictly on the 9C3?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

The microphone placement is in the overhead console, towards the windshield. There are two small areas on each side of the console that have slits for the microphone depending on a RHD or LHD application. You can take a flash light and look into the slits to see if there is a microphone installed. Installing the microphone is easy. The interior light/sunglasses holder insert is held in with a couple of tension clips on the sides, towards the front. The insert is "hinged" at the rear. So pulling the insert down from the front first will work the best.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

yahoooo ! my car has it!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

gregc wrote:Since many of are planning on updating your IQ's, check your car to see if there is a microphone. The harness is there, just no microphone. If you need the microphone, the part number is 15241529.

It's used on many GM cars. I got mine off of a 2010 Impala. It had a different part number because the bezel was included, but the microphone part was the same.

So Greg if the harness is up in the headliner and you plug in the mic is the harness on the other end already in the connector for the radio? Or does a connection need to be made at the other end of the harness?

Anyone know?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

yes that other end of mic harness is plugged into the radio harness already.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Thanks XC, good to know.

Just as a visual aid for future folks here is the location of the 4 tension clips that Maurice mentioned along with the two "hinges" at the rear of the assembly. I would guess the preferred method of removal would be a wide plastic wedge to leverage against the headliner to release the tension clips. I just pulled down but it also dislodged a headliner retaining clip up in the headliner. Popped back in but could theoretically do some damage if those 4 tension clips are too tight.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Got my Mic today (GM part number 15241529 - $12.00 on Ebay) . Tucked wire in to cubby and pushed it down in the hole till it snapped in. There is an arrow on the back of the mic that says "To Speaker" and when installed with the wire up in the void at the front of the assembly actually does point toward the speaker in the drivers seat.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White