Correcting factory HVAC issues

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
Black6

Correcting factory HVAC issues

Post by Black6 »

Ok. I’m super over how these HVAC temperature controls operate.

While not on auto and temperature set on a constant, this stupid system constantly is changing the temperature. As you all know, it will go from blowing ice cold air to liquid magma as it pleases.

Even changing the temp 1 or 2 degrees can make it going from one extreme to the other. I’m over it.

What I’d like to know is how can we fix this issue on our cars? I just want the “temperature” dial to be like cars have been since 1932, 0% heat flap to 100% heat flap.

I’m assuming this will take some BCM tuning, which I’m ok with. But I know I’m not the only person who this annoys. Other options I can think of are disabling temperature sensors, but I don’t know how that would impact the actual operation of the system. If it goes to a default then that’s perfect.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
Sanford

Re: Correcting factory HVAC issues

Post by Sanford »

May want to hook the car up to scan tool that will read the HVAC module and see if you have any trouble codes. I don’t know how well the 14’s controls the output, but I am well satisfied how the 11-13’s work. If they keep working for another 15 years, I will really be impressed.

David
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

i have a 12 and no issues
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I second getting a scan tool or taking it to a dealer that can read commanded and actual actuator positions. Sounds like you have a screwed up temp actuator.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

My 2011 doesn't do this either
Black6

Post by Black6 »

There is nothing wrong with the car, the HVAC is just programmed like shit.

I guess that I should say that I’m looking for 14+ owners and their input.

Are any other 14+ owners who want to have their HVAC programming fixed or know how to trick the system?
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.