2014 HVAC not working

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
Ridgeppv

2014 HVAC not working

Post by Ridgeppv »

I recently just picked up my 2014 Caprice and the HVAC does not work. I got it to my shop and connected the scan tool to it. It has zero codes. When i change the temperature in the vehicle it will show up on the screen as being changed and the same goes for the mode. You will hear the blend doors moving, but the blower motor will not turn on. Auto and A/C is showing stuck on but still not working.
When I had the scan tool connected I was able to turn the blower on that way when testing the HVAC functions. I took the passenger side glove box out and found one wire disconnected that has 12v to it. It is a green wire with a white strip.
I ordered the HVAC control module P/N 92507573 and it will be here next week. But did not know if anyone has ran into this problem before and could use the help figuring this out.
Thank you in advance.
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
Ridgeppv

Re: 2014 HVAC not working

Post by Ridgeppv »

Just a quick update if anyone ever runs into this. I replaced the HVAC head unit for $275 then took it to GM dealer to program it for $80 and fixed it all. Time to drive in the shit fall rain of Indiana and make sure it all works good.
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake