Profile Change Suggestion

This forum is for administrator/moderator updates on system status, updates, enhancements, etc.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Profile Change Suggestion

Post by smwalker »

Hey Eric,

Think we could get a small change made to what profile information is displayed at the left side of messages under the user name?

Currently all that shows in a fully filled out profile is "Location"
What I would really like to see is Year and Model of PPV.

It's getting tough to offer help to folks when you have to go into their post history to determine what year and model caprice they have. Some have it in their signatures but not all. And I know not that many more would actually update their profiles with year and model info but some would hopefully. And it is better to have it in the profile and visible in a message because some people turn off signatures from being viewed in messages.

And while I know members here have a bunch of different cars I think the field should state something to the effect of PPV/PPV's Owned. As having a listing of all their cars is sort of counter productive.

And really I think we could get rid of most of the messaging services listed in the profile. Are these even still in business?

Thanks for your consideration.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CrashTestDummy

Re: Profile Change Suggestion

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Probably a good idea, but heck, people don't even fill in their location. I'd fill in that detail if it were available.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

OK, sounds good. I now have a new developer on-board, we'll put that on the list of things to look at shortly.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Thanks Eric. Although as a reminder I would rather have the search function a lot more robust if that could also be added to the list.

Description here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41&start=40#p5616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White