The no budget build - manual, LSA, SS

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
Mooseman

Re: The no budget build - manual, LSA, SS

Post by Mooseman »

Nice!
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

That is pure awesome.

The amount of expertise, work and resource behind that is unfathomable.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
fuzzkill

Post by fuzzkill »

Car is for sale :shock:

Asking $35k OBO. Located in North FL but can help with delivery within a few states for the right deal.

Pretty much everything is gone over in this thread, but I have a ton more pictures/videos/info all in one place for anyone interested. Send me a message or reply here.
fuzzkill

Post by fuzzkill »

fuzzkill wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:40 pm Car is for sale :shock:

Asking $35k OBO. Located in North FL but can help with delivery within a few states for the right deal.

Pretty much everything is gone over in this thread, but I have a ton more pictures/videos/info all in one place for anyone interested. Send me a message or reply here.
And just like that, car is sold. Not 100% on the replacement yet, looking for another fast manual sedan to replace it with.
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

fuzzkill wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:41 pm And just like that, car is sold.
Umm. I forgot what I was gonna say. :cry:

Well, carry on then. It seems you enjoy the process. Go get some more!
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

fuzzkill wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:22 am Can't stop spending money now that the car is 'finished'

Got the fuel system sorted, car now has twin 340LPH in tank...
How did you get the pumps in there? Did you use a stock fuel module, or a CTS-V one? I'm about out of fuel pump on my LSA swap.
fuzzkill

Post by fuzzkill »

Fandango wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm
fuzzkill wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:22 am Can't stop spending money now that the car is 'finished'

How did you get the pumps in there? Did you use a stock fuel module, or a CTS-V one? I'm about out of fuel pump on my LSA swap.
Yeah, CTS-V bucket. Then took apart and upgraded the pumps. I checked the price on one recently and it has more than doubled ... probably more economical solutions than the V setup now.
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

fuzzkill wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:33 pm
Fandango wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:41 pm

Yeah, CTS-V bucket. Then took apart and upgraded the pumps. I checked the price on one recently and it has more than doubled ... probably more economical solutions than the V setup now.
Good to know, thank you.