My 2014 6.0 PPV Journey

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
mwc

My 2014 6.0 PPV Journey

Post by mwc »

I picked up a black 2014 PPV 6.0 on January 29, I’m loving it so far.

Here it is when I picked it up

Less than a week later I found some 2014 Camaro 6cyl wheels for $200 on OfferUp. Tires were shot but local tire shop swapped my tires and TPMS sensors onto the Camaro wheels for $80

The tall ride height somehow seemed exaggerated with the new wheels, needed to do something about that so I got some H&R 50750s, Monroe HD shocks and struts, Whiteline strut mounts and sway bar links. Just got it all finished last night, aligned this morning. I love the way it sits and feels now. Tint appointment is in 3 days

Picked up an HPTuners so I can turn DOD off for now, while I decide on a cam and converter.

This car is a blast!
Black 2014 PPV 6.0 - BTR LS3 Stage 3 cam, Circle D converter, 3.45 swap, Solo 3” catback, Camaro 18s

Sonoma County, California
mwc

Re: My 2014 6.0 PPV Journey

Post by mwc »

Got the car tinted yesterday, 15% all around. Really happy with it :D

Black 2014 PPV 6.0 - BTR LS3 Stage 3 cam, Circle D converter, 3.45 swap, Solo 3” catback, Camaro 18s

lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Car looks good with the tint!

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
mwc

Post by mwc »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 pm Car looks good with the tint!

-J
Thanks! Wheels, suspension, and tint really changed this car.

Not that there’s a shortage of pics on how these cars look on these springs, but here’s another shot to give an idea of how it sits on H&R 50750 Sport springs on new stock PPV shocks/struts and 2014 Camaro 6-cyl wheels. Have had no rubbing issues, but haven’t had passengers or weight in the back.

mwc

Post by mwc »

Picked up a 3.45 diff from a 2011 Camaro SS, replaced bushings with BMR street, installed new axle shaft seals. Got it finished last night, these cars should have come with this gearing. Feels great. We’ll see how MPG changes

mwc

Post by mwc »

Installed a Solo Mach X3 catback today. Smooth install and really happy with the sound

mwc

Post by mwc »

https://youtu.be/bMpj-UjDgvE

Stock manifolds and cats

nmargrave

Post by nmargrave »

Just threw the same solo kit on with High flow cats and kooks headers. man the sounds alone was worth the cash! I want put in a diff, but gotta save some after all that.
Nick
2013 9C1 6.0L Kooks to 3in Solo exhaust, Livernois tune, AFM disabled, with a manual oil block off in the oil sensor hole, Rotofab CAI, Viper alarm system with remote start, 8 inch subwoofer, Camaro transmission pan, daily driver.
mwc

Post by mwc »

Found a good deal on tapshift boxes on the Facebook group. Quick install, one wire went to an empty spot on a BCM connector, the other wire went to ground. Switch locks it in whatever gear it’s in, red button shifts up and black button shifts down. Flip the switch back and it’s back in Drive

mwc

Post by mwc »

So, a little update. A couple weeks ago I remote started the car to warm it up in the morning, was rolling trash cans back from the street and the car sounded like it was missing, then just died. It would start back up but made horrible noise, and ran terrible.

Check engine light was flashing, code reader pulled P0106 - MAP sensor circuit output range, P0300 - Misfire Random Cyl, and P0302 - Misfire Cylinder 2.

Well, it was a broken valve spring on cylinder 2

I decided to just keep going on the motor, pretty good time for a DOD delete and cam upgrade. Still a while to go but getting there

I was planning on going with Texas Speed parts, already had my whole shopping cart built up, so I gave them a call to go over the list, make sure I had all the right parts and place my order over the phone. As I went down the list I’d get very unenthusiastic and non reassuring “yep” “sounds good”, it seemed as if the guy wasn’t really paying attention. I got to the end of the list, and asked if that’s everything. “If you think that’s everything you need then just go on the website and place the order” uhh okay, was kinda hoping to talk to someone that does this every day to establish this is what I need. I went on the website to finish the order but when I went to check out I got the good old “some of these parts aren’t legal for sale in California” deal, so I called. I had another less than pleasant experience with a different employee, 2 for 2 in a day, and was told they will not ship a cam to California.

After the TSP experience, I ended up calling Brian Tooley Racing, and Craig was awesome! He helped me go over the list, save a few bucks here and there, and I felt reassured I was ordering all the right stuff. But again, California laws, he couldn’t send me a cam. I was able to get my Brian Tooley LS3 Stage 3 cam through Summit, it showed up at my door 19 hours after I placed the order, and I got the lifters, valve springs, trunnions, DOD delete, etc from BTR direct, that will all be delivered tomorrow.

Cam specs are 229/243.9 .630/.615 113+4

I also ordered a Circle D billet 3000-3200rpm stall, but that won’t be finished for another 3 weeks or so.