The no budget build - manual, LSA, SS

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
s/c'd cav

Re: The no budget build - manual, LSA, SS

Post by s/c'd cav » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:25 pm

whos interchiller kit did you get ?

fuzzkill

Post by fuzzkill » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 pm

s/c'd cav wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:25 pm
It's the FI interchiller stage 2 kit along with their SS/G8 reservoir
https://fiinterchillers.com/product/interchiller/

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 pm

fuzzkill wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 pm
s/c'd cav wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:25 pm
It's the FI interchiller stage 2 kit along with their SS/G8 reservoir
https://fiinterchillers.com/product/interchiller/
i thought my friend was running the stage 2 , and wondered why you had extra parts , he is only using the stage 1 ! LOL

out of all the times ive been there to help work on the car , and the couple times the ac system has been open , ive got no idea why he hasnt want to install the stage 2 kit he has sitting on the parts shelf , ill never know !! :(

fuzzkill

Post by fuzzkill » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Finally got a ZL1 lid, not sure if I got lucky or if they are finally coming back into stock. But I paid no markup on it so I'm happy, hopefully I can sell my CTS-V lid and maybe even turn a profit :lol:

Going to order a spacer for the lid as well, which will better insulate it from the engine heat, as well as improve airflow to the rear cylinders. Even with the chiller, the lid soaks a lot of engine bay heat and the IAT is slow to react/recover.

I am moving this weekend, so unsure of when I will be able to install but hopefully it won't take too long to get things situated. I'm packing my whole shop into the garage under the new house, but it should work ok. New garage has a dedicated workspace, and workspace + garage sq ft is actually larger than my current shop. Just no ceiling height for traditional lifts. I have a set of quick jacks that I will be using until I can build another proper detached garage/shop.

I also have the next two projects lined up that will be fighting for my free time
-Finish cleaning/prepping the 2013 Caprice V6 I got at auction for sale
-Picked up a 2017 Toyota 86 with a hole in the block. Going to order a replacement motor and install. Then resell