CAPRICE POLICE PPV REAR SEAT 2017(BRAND NEW SET!!) LAST ONE $850.00

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
2822MM

Factory Vynl Rear Seat Set

Post by 2822MM »

(FOR SALE) is a factory OEM Chevy Caprice PPV vynl seat set designed for 2011-2017. For those who are unfamiliar with how these cars were equipped from Holden Australia, these came with color matching 9C3 interiors with matching cloth, or the more patrol tuned 9C1 which came with leatherette vynl black. If you’re interested, please let me know but if you’re not, please keep your opinions and remarks to yourself about how my listing should or shouldn’t look, or how much it’s worth or not. If you can find these for cheaper, all the power. I’m not letting my set go for peanuts. When I was selling Caprice ppv’s, I had to pay an arm and a leg to get a set. So please save yourself the trouble and only respond with positive comments or feedback. This forum should be clean and respectful, even if other members wanna put in their 2 cents to feel important, but some members have been somewhat disrespectful, to say the least. I’m an honest seller and have provided photos for transparency and the description.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: CAPRICE POLICE PPV REAR SEAT 2017(BRAND NEW SET!!) LAST ONE $850.00

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

I can see that I need to get back in the middle of this one. I had an off-line conversation with the member in which I explained in detail reservations concerning the material this seat was composed of (appearance of vinyl vs. stated leather) and requested he review what he was actually selling. I do see in the information provided in the last quote that the reference to leather was removed by the member, plus a revised ad text was posted.

Regarding the price asked by the OP, anyone is entitled to ask for any amount of money they want on any item for-sale. Now it doesn't mean that the item will sell at the asking price, that's where negotiation comes in. However, there comes a point where an asking price is patently ridiculous on it's face... but everyone has an individual opinion of what is and is not reasonable. I can't control asking prices.

Now, there is a difference between making an honest error in a posting vs. blatant misrepresentation on a item for-sale. Unless someone can prove to me that a deliberate fraud attempt was made, I'll chalk this one up to an honest error. Granted the first correction in the quote box was not very obvious, but it was made after admin staff raised query. If I had an item that was not as I originally stated it was and was called on it, I would immediately make a very specific & visible correction so that there would be no ambiguity as to what I was selling, but that's just me. As we have a two-hour timer on text editing after posting, the right thing to do probably would have been to immediately post a corrected ad text in it's entirety, not in a quote. Which the member subsequently did.

To the OP - Inflammatory negative comments will not help you sell your items, nor will it make you any friends on this forum. Considering that on public record these seat sets sold as new surplus for as little as $10 each at public sale, it's no wonder that members have angst over your asking price and have commented accordingly - but you are entitled to ask what you want for your items. This is a public discussion forum and your posting has generated mistrust amongst the members, which they articulated. Learn from this & move on.

I think we've talked this one out. If anyone is interested at this asking price please contact the member via PM.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

guess my other post didnt get posted , but i think we were all very fair and respectable and towards the educational side !
2822MM

Post by 2822MM »

Thanks Eric. I’m not familiar with this forum at all. Appreciate your help. I’m a well respected and trusted seller on EBAY for many years. I wish I knew how to edit my listings or update them but I don’t think it’s an option. Either way, thank you for addressing the issues.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

2822MM,
If needed, in the future, you can reach out to the mods with a request to edit or modify your original posting header. I have helped a couple of members to adjust their selling price of an item or car in their posting header.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
2822MM