What did you do to your Caprice today?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Ridgeppv

Re: What did you do to your Caprice today?

Post by Ridgeppv »

Fandango wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am
Which cam did you go with?
Went with BTR LS3 stage 2 for now
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
Car54

Post by Car54 »

Taking delivery of mine today. That is when my brother gets here with it! Pics hopefully tonight to follow.
CapriceX2

Post by CapriceX2 »

It wasn't today, but last week picked up a rough set of G8 rims and got Michelin X Ice tires installed on them for winter use.
IMG_6971.jpg
IMG_6971.jpg (687.4 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
I've also been making significant improvements in the idle tuning. The idle has been challenging me since the cam went in and custom exhaust went on. Summer tuning was ok, but now that the weather is getting cool again, more issues are turning up. I feel like I'm finally getting REALLY close to having it nailed down.
CapriceX2
2011 Caprice 9C3 - TSP 220R W/ DOD delete, 10.8:1 Compression, Custom Stainless Exhaust
1995 Caprice Classic Wagon
1996 K2500 6.5L diesel
HoldOn SV

Post by HoldOn SV »

Replaced the harmonic balancer pulley: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w-b4B7 ... p=drivesdk
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Ridgeppv wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:21 pm
Fandango wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 am
Which cam did you go with?
Went with BTR LS3 stage 2 for now
Did you get the cam installed? How do you like it? Are you running a stock torque converter? I just ordered the same cam today for a DOD delete.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
Ridgeppv

Post by Ridgeppv »

bstoner wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Did you get the cam installed? How do you like it? Are you running a stock torque converter? I just ordered the same cam today for a DOD delete.
I installed it myself with stock torgue convertor. So far i love it! Im vurrently swapping the rear diff to 3.45 and then installing my exhaust. I have not drove it much at all and wont be till I get it tunned on January 2
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
Car54

Post by Car54 »

Ordered remanned Brembo calipers from Rock Auto. Found on RA the rear Brembo Rotors that are apparently hard to find.

Used a 2014 Camaro to get all my parts.

Sssoooo if anyone is needing rear Brembo rotors got to RA.

All won’t deliver for a week, car is sitting now with the snow & ice here. Need tires and looking around which ones to get.
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

I installed a speaker in the right front door, and switched the door panel to the Chevy SS door panel that I've had for a few months.

I did have to swap the wiring harness from the Caprice to the Chevy SS door. I was surprised that there was an "insert" that came out for the Trunk Switch, so that swapped in very easy.

The speaker adapters from Crutchfield worked great. Their wiring harness adapter didn't even come close, so, clip and crimp (actually used some of those heat shrink with the solder in the middle connectors)!

Going to tackle the other door tomorrow.....Now that I know what to do!
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Ridgeppv wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 am I installed it myself with stock torgue convertor. So far i love it! Im vurrently swapping the rear diff to 3.45 and then installing my exhaust. I have not drove it much at all and wont be till I get it tunned on January 2
Awesome! Did you get it tuned yet? Every day I work on my cam/head swap for about an hour on my lunch break. I am in no rush. Waiting for my heads to come back. Block is stripped down and ready to be put back together. I have the 3.45 and love it. Highly recommend.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....