What modification does your Caprice has?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
A613

What modification does your Caprice has?

Post by A613 »

Asking as a part to increase the engagement and ideas. What modification does your has? Or what your planning to go for?

My Caprice is stock.
Black with full black out.
Red and Black engine cover.
PPV Grill.
Chevy SS steering wheel flat bottom.
50% tinted on the sides and back

Planning to change the front bumper to the SS's

Share a pic!
Attachments
Engine Cover
Engine Cover
IMG_0078.JPG (2.35 MiB) Viewed 7902 times
Car
Car
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.41.02 PM.png (2.23 MiB) Viewed 7909 times
2014 Middle Eastern Caprice, 6.0L.
Mooseman

Re: What modification does your Caprice has?

Post by Mooseman »

That's a tall order. Probably best to just look through the member builds section. That's where I post mine.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
A613

Post by A613 »

Mooseman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:22 am That's a tall order. Probably best to just look through the member builds section. That's where I post mine.
Not looking for anything tbh. Just to show off and share ideas. You might get a new idea from someone's else car.

I never noticed the member builds section tbh! Thanks for that.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

DOD delete w/ LS9 cam (car was 100% bone stock at the time and yes I should have went with a bigger cam blah blah blah... but it drives nicely and accomplished what I set out to do so I can't say I'm upset).
Kooks G8 1-7/8 Midlength Headers
Oil Cooler delete
Magnaflow G8 3" Exhaust
SS Springs
Enkei Raijin 18" Satin Black wheels
15% Tint everywhere but windshield
G8 console

The body is great from 10', but it was after all a patrol unit so it certainly isn't without its flaws. If I had searched the FB page and seen that oil cooler delete would've been needed I would have likely just gone LTs, but finding a decent exhaust shop was harder than I would've thought, as I would have wanted to keep the Magnaflow. How the car sounds is probably one of my favorite parts.

-J
Attachments
forum0629201417a.jpg
forum0629201417a.jpg (988 KiB) Viewed 7862 times
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
A613

Post by A613 »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:02 pm 2012
DOD delete w/ LS9 cam (car was 100% bone stock at the time and yes I should have went with a bigger cam blah blah blah... but it drives nicely and accomplished what I set out to do so I can't say I'm upset).
Kooks G8 1-7/8 Midlength Headers
Oil Cooler delete
Magnaflow G8 3" Exhaust
SS Springs
Enkei Raijin 18" Satin Black wheels
15% Tint everywhere but windshield
G8 console

The body is great from 10', but it was after all a patrol unit so it certainly isn't without its flaws. If I had searched the FB page and seen that oil cooler delete would've been needed I would have likely just gone LTs, but finding a decent exhaust shop was harder than I would've thought, as I would have wanted to keep the Magnaflow. How the car sounds is probably one of my favorite parts.

-J
Thats really nice modification man!
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thank you. My build is mild compared to others but I'm not sure what the plans are long term. Would love to go bigger cam, new diff eventually, but who knows. Would love a set of those Taiwanese headlights... Mine are cloudy AF and Aussie lights are configured for RHD.

The chrome blackout along the windows, did you use vinyl or paint over the chrome? Any interior pics?

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

A613

Post by A613 »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:10 pm Thank you. My build is mild compared to others but I'm not sure what the plans are long term. Would love to go bigger cam, new diff eventually, but who knows. Would love a set of those Taiwanese headlights... Mine are cloudy AF and Aussie lights are configured for RHD.

The chrome blackout along the windows, did you use vinyl or paint over the chrome? Any interior pics?

-J

Yeah those Taiwanese headlights would save you a lot of $!

Always been a fan of blacks, specially when I fully tinted, it looked MEAN.

My older 2008 caprice was dark gray, I used cheaper methods for the paints like plasti-dip and vinyl, but the color changes within time due to the sun and heat here. But this 2014 is totally worth spending on, I took it to a good paint-shop. They used paint not wrap. I honestly don't remember if they painted it over the chrome, but I remember suggesting to him to take the chrome layer off, but told him to go on with whatever he thinks will better (The trim is cheap, totally not worth wrapping it with a black color that is not exactly as my car color, and takes off within time. Am sure it goes off with sandpaper/scrub or whatever it should be called if you wanted to paint it).

I don't have a full interior pics but I got one for my SS leather and flat bottom steering wheel I installed weeks ago. (I also uploaded a pic from the net for the same interior as mine.)

Thanks, and sorry for the long text lol.

-Tawfiqi
Attachments
My pic
My pic
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.18.29 AM.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 7847 times
From the net for the same interior as mine
From the net for the same interior as mine
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 1.16.55 AM.png (635.13 KiB) Viewed 7847 times
IM28702

Post by IM28702 »

lastcall190 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:10 pm Mine are cloudy AF...
Have you tried polishing them? The kits such as this: https://smile.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headl ... 432&sr=8-7 or this: https://smile.amazon.com/Headlights-Tai ... 432&sr=8-6 work really well. I've done many many cars with fantastic results. Just stop your drill often and clean off the sanding disc so it doesn't build up too much debris, and sand more than you think you need to. I find that the 3M kit has about 1/2 as many sandpaper discs as I like to use so I would recommend buying two kits just to make sure you have enough.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Thanks for the links. One of the lights looks like it's hazy to the point of cracking on the inside. Hard to explain, I'll try and get a pic sometime. The other one I had MILD success cleaning the inside of the lens but wrapping a magnet in a microfiber and dragging a magnet on the outside of the light. Crude but it worked, sort of.

OP; that's right now I remember that thread. I would love a new steering wheel but I think the availability is starting to dry up a bit. Kind of a wish list item. Painting the chrome is probably the best bet, so long as the prep is good. My G8 door handles had paint over chrome, but the chrome wasn't prepped and the paint was peeling. So I took a razor blade and just scraped the paint off. PITA but the chrome was in perfect shape underneath.
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

A613

Post by A613 »

lastcall190 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:21 am Thanks for the links. One of the lights looks like it's hazy to the point of cracking on the inside. Hard to explain, I'll try and get a pic sometime. The other one I had MILD success cleaning the inside of the lens but wrapping a magnet in a microfiber and dragging a magnet on the outside of the light. Crude but it worked, sort of.

OP; that's right now I remember that thread. I would love a new steering wheel but I think the availability is starting to dry up a bit. Kind of a wish list item. Painting the chrome is probably the best bet, so long as the prep is good. My G8 door handles had paint over chrome, but the chrome wasn't prepped and the paint was peeling. So I took a razor blade and just scraped the paint off. PITA but the chrome was in perfect shape underneath.
Yes painting over the chrome is the best choice, and the best matching color you could get.

The steering wheel is available in many websites at $170 with all the trims and bottoms (except the airbag).

This is the part #92276592, in case you ever went for it.

I bought it from here [https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/gm ... wtdjgtZ2Fz]

Also available in these sites;
https://www.gmwarehousedirect.com/oem-p ... l-92276592
https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-w ... 76592.html
https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-parts ... l-92276592

Tasca Parts had the best price, and best customer service. I talked to the on their Instagram's DM, and actually the guy himself checked and answered all my question at the first working day!