possible to program options?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
leonpiper69

possible to program options?

Post by leonpiper69 »

My other chevy's all flash lights and honk horn on locking and unlocking with the key fob but my new 2012 ppv caprice does not.

Are these options that are programmed and I just can't figure out the menu? I know on my tahoe and silverado there are buttons on the right side of dash to change those but can't find anything by fumbling around.

Also my overhead light, the light doesn't come on when you open the door and pressing the button to change that makes no difference. Can't tell if there is a separate bulb in there or could the switch be bad etc? I would prefer the interior light to come on at night when I open a door.
GammaFlat

Re: possible to program options?

Post by GammaFlat »

More folks will jump in here but most of what you're talking about is controlled by the BCM (body control module). White Electronics https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/ can reprogram your BCM and your stereo (for bluetooth, backup camera, aux-in).

The headlights coming on when you pop the trunk with the remote or unlock your doors is accessible in the "dic" (menu on gauge panel). I'm finding it annoying and I'm about to turn it off. Mine is a '13 and I'm not sure of the feature set in '12's.

The door switch is for sure a BCM issue. I am tempted to try a workaround on this (my own relay and door switch for dome light operation). Sending your BCM to White gets you a bunch of neat features but requires that you visit a GM dealer to get everything working correctly again (see the White site listed above for a description).

Frankly, the stereo stuff White can do you for you may be more "bang". I find having bluetooth and a backup camera to be wonderful. I went a different path to get those capabilities but White may be the best way to go there.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Lights flashing with fob and headlight entry exit are controlled by the DIC.

Horn honk not an option in the 11-13

Dome light coming on is a option that is turned off in your BCM. A dealer that knows thier way around programming can turn it on for you. Or if you wanna but he equipment and subscription you could do yourself.

There are 2 options in the 11-13 that are BCM controlled:
Door jamb Switch inoperative
Automatic Headlamps / DRL's
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
leonpiper69

Post by leonpiper69 »

yeah auto headlights not working and I figured out why I was having trouble....after some googling I learned what the enter button is (pushing the scroll button) but unfortunately this does nothing. I may be looking at a new steering wheel etc.

But thanks for the info.