Upgrade Advice + Shops in Michigan?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
NJ7071

Upgrade Advice + Shops in Michigan?

Post by NJ7071 »

Hi everybody, happy to say I’m acquiring my very first Caprice this Thursday, bought it off GovDeals locally for cheap, it’s a black 2013 9C1 former patrol car for a township, the catch is the cylinder number 8 lifter went bad. For anybody in the Southeast MI area, are there any good recommended performance shops in the area who would be willing to do some engine work on it? Also looking for advice for some good basic power mods. Definitely needs a DOD delete and tune and might as well upgrade cam and lifters while the engines cracked open. Already called Katech and they quoted me almost 5K JUST for a DOD delete and Alternative only does Mustangs now. Kind of on a tight budget, want to keep everything as close to $3K if possible. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!
bstoner

Re: Upgrade Advice + Shops in Michigan?

Post by bstoner »

Have you thought about Livernois? DOD Delete, Cam, Intake, Exhaust, and a tune would be a nice upgrade! Probably out of your budget though. Would need to call and ask.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
NJ7071

Post by NJ7071 »

bstoner wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:59 am Have you thought about Livernois? DOD Delete, Cam, Intake, Exhaust, and a tune would be a nice upgrade! Probably out of your budget though. Would need to call and ask.
Heard good things about Livernois but with them being a bigger shop in gonna guess they’re gonna be on the expensive side. Was looking for recommendations that are local around here first. I can stretch the budget to around 4K all in for engine work but that’s probably all I’d be willing to spend right now
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

Probably. You are paying for their experience and reputation. Do you have a favorite local shop? Or call the local speed shops and ask if they were doing a cam where would they take their car. I'm in Toledo, a little south of you, and have used https://www.acceleratedperformance.com/ before. They built a 400 short block for me and did a good job. Never had mechanical work done before. I do it all myself.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....