Performance mode

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
Basmith0729

Performance mode

Post by Basmith0729 »

Hello there hope everyone is well! I have a 2011 caprice and i found the real performance mode while experimenting, is driving crazy the only way to activate it with sport shift and performance on or is there another way to activate it? I searched the forum a bit looking for answer and didn’t come across any so I figured I would ask🙂
jomama

Re: Performance mode

Post by jomama »

I see this was posted awhile ago, but figured I’d reply. Based on my own driving experience and some reading/research, getting into “performance mode” starts with overriding the electronic stability control via its push button (dash info display will indicate “performance mode” accordingly). However…you are also correct in that the vehicle’s computer will detect what the literature calls “spirited driving”, and will adjust transmission shift points, provide un-commanded down-shifts via PAL (programmed algorithm liftfoot), cutout the A/C (if running) under full throttle conditions, among some other subtle changes. So it’s both a combination of your deliberate action (selecting the mode) and indirect action (driving aggressively).