Motor mounts 2013 PPV / V8

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
PPV Dad

Motor mounts 2013 PPV / V8

Post by PPV Dad »

Hello,
Starting to replace both motor mounts on our 2013 Caprice PPV / V8 , any suggestions on loosening the top nut on the passenger side motor mount .
Thank you in advance
PPV Dad
Pat
2013 Chevy Caprice PPV, 9C1, L77, 3” Solo exhaust, Baer 6 piston front calipers, 2nd gen. CTS -V sedan wheels , BMR sway bars and end links
GammaFlat

Re: Motor mounts 2013 PPV / V8

Post by GammaFlat »

It's been a while... my car was on a lift. I did it all from the bottom. I do not recall using any exotic tools. I think maybe a bent or short ratchet on the high side. There were some "clearance" issues... I don't recall disassembling anything "extra" however.

I remember raising the motor a lot more than I wanted to to get the old one out. If I did it again, I'd raise it some and use a cutoff wheel or torch to cut the stud on the old one. ...especially if you are installing mounts with the bolt on one end (instead of both being studs). The factory replacements are studded on both ends which make them very long (and hard to install or remove). The one in the picture is pricey but awesome. It's a VV2VE8R09 https://holdenpartsusa.com/collections/ ... -mount-set
I think the A/C line is at risk of being cracked if you lift too high. If you are replacing with the aluminum ones, it's easier to install the new one than remove the old because aluminum ones do not have a stud on one side (see pic) so you can "bolt" it in place instead of lifting the engine high enough to clear stud.
Caprice motor mount.jpg
Caprice motor mount.jpg (228.85 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio