Hesitation in downshifting when in sport mode

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
coppcarz

Hesitation in downshifting when in sport mode

Post by coppcarz »

Anyone have an issue with their transmission not wanting to downshift while the car is in sport mode?

Mine started doing that a while ago, slow in downshifting, but now it got worse.
s/c'd cav

Re: Hesitation in downshifting when in sport mode

Post by s/c'd cav »

if its getting worse , then you likely are going to need a trans soon
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

I've had auto transmissions misbehave after which I changed the fluid and had excellent results. My Honda Ridgeline was doing all kinds of bad things and seemed completely cured after 2 trans fluid changes. I did the same to a 2009 Vibe (Toyota) after it had a very odd 1-2 shift. Now fixed. Very odd that it had so much impact. The fluid that I changed out did not look that bad (surprising part).
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
coppcarz

Post by coppcarz »

I considered it was a transmission issue, but this only happens in "sport" mode. In regular mode, transmission shifts fine.

yesterday I was putting on mileage to get the car ready for emissions readiness, and drove a bit in sport mode, and it shifted great. Later on, back in shift mode, and this time instead of a downshifting issue, it seemed like now it was getting stuck up shifting.

I am going to do a fluid change soon.