Selling Phenomenon

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Z09SS

Selling Phenomenon

Post by Z09SS »

On the Facebook groups I've noticed a lot of cars that have recent DoD deletes.

It's got me wondering why someone would sell just at the point where they can start having real fun.

All I can come up with are three things.

The delete didn't go well and they're unhappy with the car now.

The delete was financially breaking and they've got bills to pay from it they can't afford without selling the car.

They're just another flipper and the delete is just a sweetener, but I don't see them posting other cars. Sometimes there are work in progress posts that made me think they were fellow enthusiasts.
redsled579

Re: Selling Phenomenon

Post by redsled579 »

I would agree with most of those, but have some other things i would add.

People forget at the end of the day they bought a used police car. Most aren't perfect, and have had their share of abuse. Not singling anyone out, but I see a lot of people that shouldn't be buying this type of vehicle if they can only afford one vehicle and/or are on a tight budget.(this goes with anything like this - molested diesel truck/ modified camaro/mustang/ side by side etc.) As we know they are usually well whooped on and not daily reliable without considerable work being done to correct years of abuse they take in the line of duty.

They start to realize all this after they just turned it into a cammed crewcab camaro, and that it has problems here and there that pop up. Now it isn't so daily friendly to their financial or family/work situation.

I consider mine a "toy" just like any other performance car.

Also, IMO most of the world has attention span of a gnat always wanting the latest and greatest. These cars just don't have the sex appeal that most of V8 RWD cars do and I believe interest gets lost fast. Parts availability not being like most others I'm sure adds to this.

my $0.02 anyway
2012 9C3 Phantom Black ex K9 unit. - "McGruff"
C5Diaz

Post by C5Diaz »

when i was shopping for a car I noticed alot of people will state DOD delete but in realaty they just mean DOD deactivated. A very popular reseller here in Socal blocked me on facebook when I asked who performed the DOD delete and if he had any proof that is was done along with a parts list, he did not provide any info and blocked me.
2013 Caprice PPV
2005 silverado
2000 Corvette
Jeremy Dewitte

Post by Jeremy Dewitte »

redsled579 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:44 pm I would agree with most of those, but have some other things i would add.

People forget at the end of the day they bought a used police car. Most aren't perfect, and have had their share of abuse. Not singling anyone out, but I see a lot of people that shouldn't be buying this type of vehicle if they can only afford one vehicle and/or are on a tight budget.(this goes with anything like this - molested diesel truck/ modified camaro/mustang/ side by side etc.) As we know they are usually well whooped on and not daily reliable without considerable work being done to correct years of abuse they take in the line of duty.

They start to realize all this after they just turned it into a cammed crewcab camaro, and that it has problems here and there that pop up. Now it isn't so daily friendly to their financial or family/work situation.

I consider mine a "toy" just like any other performance car.

Also, IMO most of the world has attention span of a gnat always wanting the latest and greatest. These cars just don't have the sex appeal that most of V8 RWD cars do and I believe interest gets lost fast. Parts availability not being like most others I'm sure adds to this.

my $0.02 anyway
"crew cab camaro" that is an awesome statement, the only thing I am wondering is why the hell do i want to put this on the back of my caprice with decals? :lol:
redsled579

Post by redsled579 »

Jeremy Dewitte wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:22 am "crew cab camaro" that is an awesome statement, the only thing I am wondering is why the hell do i want to put this on the back of my caprice with decals? :lol:
I can't take full credit, I stole that somewhere from a PPV/G8/SS sedan board iirc 😎
2012 9C3 Phantom Black ex K9 unit. - "McGruff"