Backup applied to forum - 7/1

This forum is for administrator/moderator updates on system status, updates, enhancements, etc.
elc32955
System Manager

Backup applied to forum - 7/1

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

Well we had another incident to where I had to request a forum backup be applied to get us back working. I was working on a new extension module to us (the Inactive User Module) and configuring it for use with the system. Well, I got all the email's reworded, but when it came test time the module spit out a few email's and then seized up the forum system tighter then a load of Portland Cement! Nothing I tried to fix the problem worked, so I erred on the side of caution and just had the webhost do a reload from the last full system backup.

I don't do these things lightly, however it was either a restore from the last good backup or try to engage a new system developer on a holiday week on an emergency basis. So, anything from just after 6 PM on July 1 until about 10 PM is now in the ether and should be reposted if necessary. Thanks to our webhost for getting us back & running in short order!! And that particular module is now Persona Non Grata on this forum system. Some modules are coded more robustly then others.....

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
JoeR

Re: Backup applied to forum - 7/1

Post by JoeR »

Thanks for all you do on this. I hate that it's been giving you so much trouble lately.
Joe