Just Joined with a Silver 2013 Caprice PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
mercialogo

Just Joined with a Silver 2013 Caprice PPV

Post by mercialogo »

Hello all from Tulsa Ok. I have been running around in the off road world for a while with my Jeep, but found myself missing the performance side of things. I have been a fan of the Caprice for a while and a huge fan of the LSx motors. My jeep has 210k miles so I thought it was time to look for another performance car. I am a big boy standing at 6'2" and all torso so not just any car will work. I took a seat in a G8 and found that I fit in those nicely. I then started looking in the history and found that they are a Holden car. Once I started looking into Holden I found the Caprice. Awesome I thought, till I found that they were for Law Enforcement only. I have spent the last year looking for one in Black. Unfortunately I could not find any dealers that would sell to me as an individual even though I work part time as a Police Officer for the State. I ended up getting a tip on a silver one though. I was able to talk the dealer into selling it to me. Its a Demo car that was used to show off the new Caprice to perspective departments. It was fitted with a disabled light bar and had an ugly blue stripe on it. The dealer found that most departments around here want the Dodge Charges so they did not sell many of them. This car has sat on their lot for a year and a half before I came along. It only has 8000k miles and I got it for around 19k. After reading these forums I think I got a pretty decent deal. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics here I will do so.
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
mercialogo

Re: Just Joined with a Silver 2013 Caprice PPV

Post by mercialogo »

ok. Here is a couple of pictures
1st one with the ugly blue stripe, 2nd one is without the stripe. I have also included a 3rd of what I was thinking about doing to the car. I see most have black ones and mine maybe the only silver, but I like to be different. I would like to paint the hood and a stipe down the side like in the 3rd Pic, What do you all think? and I crazy.. Oh and this would be also removing the spot light. Comments on the silver\black format?????

and without the stripe. I have since taken the inoperative light bar off of the top

3rd. my ideas of the black hood and black stripe that I was thinking about doing to my silver PPV
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

ok. what did I do wrong on posting the pics? :(
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

2013 Silver Caprice PPV
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

with blue stipe
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

No sure what you are doing with the pics there, I can't see anything until i copied your URL line and deleted the (img) parts which allowed me direct access to your photo pages. The car looks decent I would be worried about how the center console and wiring is coming out of there I'm assuming you aren't going to drive it with the MDT setup and lightbar?
I'm personally not into the center black stripe thing you are picturing otherwise, if I was considering doing that I would be trying to have it done with removable vinyl wrap not paint in the event you need to sell it quickly the custom paint won't be to your advantage. Otherwise a nice set of alum wheels some tint and these cars tend to dissapear in the general public view. Most people ask me when i got a Impala when they see mine.
PPV

Post by PPV »

Very nice car! The silver is a good choice.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (167.84 KiB) Viewed 13843 times
1970 SS454 Monte Carlo - triple black
1971 SS454 Monte Carlo - Red w/ black gut & top
1970 Convertible Mont Carlo - Sold
1968 K10 short wheel base
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
2013 CTS-V Coupe Silver Frost Matte Eddition
2017 SS - PBM - M6 - Roof - Sold
2019 Silverado 1500 - LTZ 6.2
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Small world, our hosting provider is based out of Muskogee. Good deal on your car btw!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
mercialogo

Post by mercialogo »

Thank you for the welcomes. lol.. They think its an impala till you light the tires up I bet. :P
yea, I have already removed the light bar. It was never hooked up so I did not have the hole in the roof and there were never any switches hooked up in the center console. The light bar brackets did bend my chrome molding a bit where it was attached but should not be a big issue in replacing those. I do have a small pro copper box bolted onto the communications tunnel, but I will be removing that as well. The only thing that was hooked up is the red\blue led lights in the trunk. They only come on when the trunk is popped open. Looks like that was a factory installed lighting system. I have not decided if I will be leaving those or not. my first project though is to get the back doors operational again..
2013 Silver Caprice PPV
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Back door latches are easy, peaty. Just make sure you hook the right cable to the right clip.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?