Aussie Lip Spoiler - $270 Delivered!

This is a forum section to coordinate "group" or mass parts purchases on behalf of our members. Moderated by NavyLifer.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - Unless the Group Purchase is either directly negotiated or sold by the New Caprice management, we have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Aussie Lip Spoiler - $270 Delivered!

Post by smwalker »

Someone measure the width of the factory tape thats on there. That will narrow down the search.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
PPV

Post by PPV »

I hope more members step up and place orders for these spoilers. Sounds like only two of us have. That would give Karo more confidence to stock other Holden parts here in the US for the caprice community. It would be nice to just order fog lights, indicators and other items that are already here in the US instead of begging a vender in Australia to ship to the US. Just saying.
1970 SS454 Monte Carlo - triple black
1971 SS454 Monte Carlo - Red w/ black gut & top
1970 Convertible Mont Carlo - Sold
1968 K10 short wheel base
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
2013 CTS-V Coupe Silver Frost Matte Eddition
2017 SS - PBM - M6 - Roof - Sold
2019 Silverado 1500 - LTZ 6.2
Karo

Post by Karo »

The 2 that paid, their spoilers shipped out today. You will have them in 1-3 days via USPS Priority Mail. Someone will have to be home to sign for the package. (I didnt want to risk having the mail person leave it at your door step and seeing someone else walk away with it)
Thanks,
Karo (Just like a car, but add an O at the end of it... Car-O)
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I have no doubt whatsoever that all ten spoilers will sell, the question is how fast. Normally the way these group buys work from my past experience is...

1) Interest is gauged from members in a product of some kind either by poll, GP coordinator, or input from multiple members. If there's sufficient interest it moves forward.
2) GP coordinator has vendor(s) quote a price on the requested product (shipped or non-shipped, I've seen 'em both ways).
3) Vendor is selected and pre-orders are taken (with or without deposits, again I've seen it both ways).
4) Based on orders received for the GP as per quote, the vendor determines if there's enough profit/remuneration to justify a wholesale order. If not, the GP stops here (and any deposits are refunded if taken). If there's enough orders, it moves forward.
5) Product gets ordered from the wholesale source & shipped to the vendor.
6) Once it arrives, the remaining $$$ due is paid to the vendor before product is released (if deposits were taken and not 100% pre-pay). If anyone bails on a special order purchase they lose a portion or all of their deposit money.
7) Vendor ships the product either bulk to the GP Coordinator or individually to the end user(s) directly, whatever's arranged under the individual GP.
8) If anything went to the GP Coordinator they ship to the end users upon verification no monies are due and receipt of shipping $$.

Now, we inadvertently short-circuited some of the normal steps in a GP in ordering these spoilers, but there again this was not a organized GP. Right now we do not have a GP coordinator (and no, I am not going to serve as GP coordinator), and I didn't expect Karo to run with a quick order on these. I'm very glad they're in and we have two happy members, but it's not a practice I'd usually endorse - unless the vendor is willing to inventory the unsold remainder against future orders (again, which I'm sure will happen).

I'd feel much more confident in pursuing future purchases if we had both a rough quote per unit and confirmed member orders in-hand before a wholesale order was placed. The last thing I want is for any vendor to get stuck with slow-moving product sitting on a shelf on our behalf tying their money up.

So, whether GP's happen or not in the future is now up to the members, someone has to coordinate the process. Here's a good chance to help your fellow owners!

And, lastly thanks and sincere appreciation to Karo for placing enough trust in us to order in product.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Karo

Post by Karo »

Eric - you are correct, it was my fault for not having pricing on hand before these were ordered, but that was a risk I took. I've sold 2 so far, I am sure a few more will sell here or there. Just because he first thing we offer is not successful doesnt mean more wont happen. Going forward, I will have pricing up front, collect money (or deposit) then move forward with bringing in large qty's of the same product.
Thanks,
Karo (Just like a car, but add an O at the end of it... Car-O)
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

If I didn't already have mine I would be getting one.
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I suggest Betalink K1. Its what BMW specs for installing spoilers. I used it on my roof spoiler of my MINI Clubman S and it held solid through 2 German winters, sustained rinds up to 145mph on the autobahn and 1 FL summer before I sold it.

That's what I'll use if I get this spoiler.

FYI: if you get the Betalink K2 it needs a special gun that was over $100 the last time I checked.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I doubt that everyone will want to use a actual adhesive like that for this, I mean what happens when you want to remove it for any paint fix? Plus thats not what is really holding this part to the car it has actual bolts its just to keep the front lip down flat.... I think mine is slightly less than 10mm wide anyone have any TAPE to recommend?
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Ah, I didn't know they also have bolts. That's good to know. The Betalink is more permanent so if paint is needed I'd end up painting both.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

It has to be a very strong adhesive, it has bolts on the end, but when the adhesive releases, and it will, it will look like, well you know what! :x
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe