2011 Caprice PPV FSM three-volume set for sale

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

2011 Caprice PPV FSM three-volume set for sale

Post by elc32955 »

OK, next item I'm going to send out to the wild is a three-volume set of the factory service manuals for the 2011 Caprice PPV. I bought these new from Helm immediately after I made the purchase on my 2011, they've come in handy a few times since then in helping other users but they don't at all cover my 2015's LFX. As we all know the 2011 is a bit of a one-off car since it was the first production year for the PPV. I'd keep the books if they covered a majority of my 2015's systems.... but they don't since the redesign breakpoint in 2014. So, OUT they go, hopefully to another forum user.

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to having service information, I always prefer the printed book in-hand in lieu of downloading information from the PC whenever possible. Granted the new way of doing things is to get an on-line account and grab 72-hour access from GM to get what you need, but I really do prefer the bound book. Books are not new but are in very good condition, they've been in my library since mid-2012 and I can say that I've had them out of the shelf less than 20 times. Volume 3 shows a few thin white vertical marks on the spine from various scans of a few pages of the service manual for forum members that I accommodated. Other then that only minor edge wear with no missing pages, torn pages, or marked up pages.

Helm is still in business (for a reason!) and churning out books, they will be glad to sell you the same exact set I have for $300 plus shipping. EBAY has the resident gouger selling the same books for about $445 new shipped (user probably orders them from Helm and 3rd party drop ships them!). Just going from memory when I purchased these they were somewhere around $225 plus shipping if I remember correctly. You can occasionally pick up used copies of these from government sales (IF you can find them) or on EBAY from more reasonable sellers than the $445 folks, again IF you can find them.

So, if someone wants the manuals I can do a rough break-even on the set, $200 purchase price plus $25 shipping via FedEx Ground. I could do USPS Media Mail but to my knowledge it isn't tracked, and lately USPS hasn't been the best on packages. Last month I had a triple gauge pod I bought on-line mailed to me from Indiana, when it got to my place there was a nice pretty bubble packing envelope with a slit in it - no contents. Pilfered in-transit! Tried to report it, HA! The local PO would not take the report, and the stupid on-line reporting form for missing mail from USPS would not let me transmit the information.

Thanks!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
thedriver6

Re: 2011 Caprice PPV FSM three-volume set for sale

Post by thedriver6 »

Hi, do you still have these available?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Yes, still have the set. PM me and we can talk.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Bump. Books are still on my shelves, waiting for a new owner with a 2011.

Thanks
Eric
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

You would think someone would jump on them, but looking on Facebook, it appears most just want to put tires, wheels, cam and exhaust on their car. I guess they aren’t interested in fixing anything else.
jomama

Post by jomama »

PM’d you.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

And replied back. :)

Eric
Jeremy Dewitte

Post by Jeremy Dewitte »

still available?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Just tentatively sold them pending receipt of payment. I'll post when they are definitely gone.

Thanks
Eric
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

And.... SOLD!

Thanks
Eric